AA GPA Effect on Medical School Admission???

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bibivicenzo

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there! I am a junior in high school and am in the process of finishing my AA degree but unfortunately, I am not too happy with my expected GPA. This semester I am taking 3 dual classes and I will be getting B's in two and a C in one of the others. Wait! Before you say in that I am not qualified for medical school or something, I do have to admit I kind of messed up and overloaded on courses ... meaning, I was taking 11 classes at one point and I also was studying for the ACT/SAT and I was also running a club. Now, I am not blaming my grades on that, like maybe I truly am not qualified for medical school or maybe I just had too much on my plate, I can't decide really decide at the moment as I am stressing over my grades. Anyway, by the time I am finished with my AA credit, if I can get A's in all my upcoming courses, I will finish with a 3.7. I've wanted to get into Duke medical for years now and now I am afraid I won't get accepted because of my AA GPA as I know you have to submit when applying for medical school. Will this affect me badly? Even if I end up getting a good MCAT score/EC's/undergrad GPA?
 
Why are you doing an Associate's Degree in High School? You will have plenty of time in college to finish your classes, there is no reason. A 3.7 GPA won't kill you at all and should have a minimal effect in the large scale in all of college.