AA GPA Effect on Medical School Admission???

bibivicenzo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! I am a junior in high school and am in the process of finishing my AA degree but unfortunately, I am not too happy with my expected GPA. This semester I am taking 3 dual classes and I will be getting B's in two and a C in one of the others. Wait! Before you say in that I am not qualified for medical school or something, I do have to admit I kind of messed up and overloaded on courses ... meaning, I was taking 11 classes at one point and I also was studying for the ACT/SAT and I was also running a club. Now, I am not blaming my grades on that, like maybe I truly am not qualified for medical school or maybe I just had too much on my plate, I can't decide really decide at the moment as I am stressing over my grades. Anyway, by the time I am finished with my AA credit, if I can get A's in all my upcoming courses, I will finish with a 3.7. I've wanted to get into Duke medical for years now and now I am afraid I won't get accepted because of my AA GPA as I know you have to submit when applying for medical school. Will this affect me badly? Even if I end up getting a good MCAT score/EC's/undergrad GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you doing an Associate's Degree in High School? You will have plenty of time in college to finish your classes, there is no reason. A 3.7 GPA won't kill you at all and should have a minimal effect in the large scale in all of college.