AA RN here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Like?

  • A

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .

Newtonian21

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi people,
I've been lurking in here for quite a bit. I am a non-trad RN with a BSN. My intial goal was med school before some personal circumstances came around. But I have taken the step back up again to pursue my dream. SDN continues to encourage me day in day out. so far started taking classes last year. Previously I had biology classes before I graduated in 2014.
Cell bio A
Advanced cell bio B
A&P I&II A's
Algebra B
Statistics A
All the nursing classes A, B, C's. Nursing school is not hard they just overate it, to get an A was 94% up in my school with all the clinicals and studying same time. Everyone yearned for a pass grade which was 77% to a C. But I tried my best to get the A's and B's I could. However ended up with some C's.

Now since 2015
Gen Chem I B
Genetics B
Gen Chem II B
Gen Chem I&II Labs A
Physics I&II w/ labs B

Overall GPA 3.23. Still have O'chem and Biochem to take. I still work as an RN 36-40hrs a week .
Volunteer 4hrs every week at a homeless shelter. Did research this past semester with a science professor. Plan to continue next semester.
At this point I'm thinking I have a rough path with this GPA. My goal is to get all A's in remainder of my classes, will do what it takes to bring my GPA up a little.
What are my chances? Any RN in the forum who've been admitted? Any body at all please advice. Thanks!

And my school has both Gen Chem I&II this summer, should I retake them both instead of taking o'chem now? I can retake them to get A's in those classes. I don't know how that might help but might help a little with the GP.
 
If you can do well in OCHEM and Biochem and get a decent MCAT score you may be in good shape. Your state of residence may also affect your chances but on paper as an applicant I would say you should have a shot at the very least in DO school and maybe MD depending on your grades/MCAT


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile