AAA & Heparin

Started by Anastezja
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anastezja

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How will you give heparin 5000 during AAA? IV bolus directly to CVP with a flush or to the IV line connected to CVP and running LR ?

How much time will you give to circulate before is safe for surgeon to place clamp?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't read the whole thing but isn't this study dealing with much larger doses (200u per kg)?

I typically give it via central line and wait 3 min. Is this wrong?

Same at my hospital. 3 minutes after giving the heparin, draw an ACT. ACT around 300 --> good to go.

Same thing for the cardiac cases, except obviously doses and desired values are different.

I've never had a problem so far (crossing my fingers as I type) with this method.