Sorry I know this area is plauged with "what would you do"s, but I really would appreciate any suggestions. Okay here goes... I am by now considered a non-trad. since I am 27. I have successfully completed a post-bac. I've done volunteer work, good ecs, shadowed surgeons, DOs, FPs, etc. I applied to only a couple schools two years in a row. This was mostly b/c my school had an agreement with a DO school....that did not work out for me due to MCAT scores (at the last second). Each time I heard REALLY late....took the next test late....applied late, you get it. I also applied to a NP program at my state school, just in case- waitlisted and never taken off. Last July, getting ready to take the MCAT again (for 3rd time in August), I witnessed 2 of my best friends get hit by a car while we were walking. They survived, but it has been a difficult thing to deal with and needless to say I was in no shape to retest in August. I began searching for alternatives as time seemed to slip away, out of the application cycle for a year. I decided an accelerated NP program was the way to go. I applied to 2 schools, my state school and another in Boston. I was rejected by state (probably bc I only submitted mcat scores again/not gres), waitlisted by boston's. This year I took Anatomy/Phys I & II at the community college- A and A+. (While it wasn't cadaver based, I work in a morgue so I know where things are...) So.....deflated but not scathed by my mounting rejections- I decided to study for the MCAT AGAIN. I was going to become a doctor....as planned. I retook on May11th. I felt better than ever before..... What arrives 3 days later? Acceptance off waitlist. So now, I have an acceptance (bird in hand) to become a NP......but I just studied my tush off for the MCAT. I would ideally love to go to my state school for md- great school, better tuition, have a home, friends, bf, etc (2 in the tree). I was all set to also apply DO and Carib. if neccessary. But what if nothing happens for me again! I will be pissed if I had given up the chance to be a NP..... If I do attend this NP program....and then decide I want to still go to med school.....won't adcoms look down upon "quitting a program"? AHHHHHH..............help.