AACOM Application being sent to Schools End of the Week..do i have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
AACOMAS said it would be mailed out by the end of this week to PCOM, NYCOM, and NJ? Anybody have an uplifting story? Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

What took so long to get them out? I know AAOCOM has been backed up for a while now....

My friend just had hers sent out 2 weeks ago and got an interview offer the next day from NYCOM. She had the interview 3 days ago. So, there is hope.

that is good to know. I wish I could get in touch with somebody at the school but I never had any luck with the email address they offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by drlexygoat
What took so long to get them out? I know AAOCOM has been backed up for a while now....

My friend just had hers sent out 2 weeks ago and got an interview offer the next day from NYCOM. She had the interview 3 days ago. So, there is hope.

sorry this is off topic

did your friend interview at nycom on 2/20? if so then i must have met her..

It's a long shot. Need to plan better for next year if things don't work out.

Curiosity begs me to ask...did you apply to MD schools and not get any interviews?

dude... i cant resist any more.

you create the same threads under different names and ask questions over and over that no one can answer. application process is crap shoot.

bottom line: do you want to apply?

yes? then do it.

no? then dont.

+pissed+ +pissed+

i did apply. My aacom application will be sent out to the schools the end of this week.

No..sorry i mean tthe huh for the previous poster that just went nuts on you....

Put if this way....by applying this late...you have severely decreased your chances for an acceptance.....if you dont mind me asking....what are your numbers?

Also, did you appy to MD schools and get rejected and now are deciding to apply do? if that's the case...then don't D.O. it. You will reflect back upon your life and will always be envious of your fellow M.D. and that will severely handicap your ability as a physician to help your patient.

a DO degree is for people who have the passion for osteopathy and truly understand their philosophy that sets them apart from their fellow MD....and not are not using it as a "backup"

On the other hand, if you are just now deciding to apply w/o applying md first you still MIGHT have a chance...I'm sure we all know or have heard of a miracle happening this late in the game....apply and if you don't get in....you would have at least got your name out to all the osteopathic schools and you can be in contact with their admissions counselor over the following year and im sure many of them will guide you to an admission

I forgot to add......that's the beauty of osteopathy....they admit people who have the passion to do osteopathy and to be a physician......it takes a lot more than stats to become a good physician....you need the heart....

if you show them you have the heart for it....you'll get in!

HI. HAVE A 3.9 UNDERGRAD GPA (3.8 SCIENCE), WAS A BUSINESS MAJOR AND DID MY PRE-MED REQUIREMENTS, 25 MCAT, SMALL PUBLICATION, SOME BENCH RESEARCH, ER VOLUNTEER, LETTER OF REC FROM A DO.

Originally posted by WstSdDesi
a DO degree is for people who have the passion for osteopathy and truly understand their philosophy that sets them apart from their fellow MD....and not are not using it as a "backup"
Personally, I don't see anything wrong in applying to DO schools as backups. However, I do believe that if they get rejected to MD schools and go DO, they should be proud to be a DO and not be bitter about it. If they are bitter then they should not attend.

What you stated is the ideal and the reality of the situation is that a good number of the class may have not had the numbers to get into an MD school. I don't see it as bad because they also will make good doctors some day.

To be honest I don't see a major difference in the "philosophy" of MDs and DOs in practice. Anyone who has shadowed both can attest to this.

Getting a DO program i definitely not my back-up plan.