SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AACOM Website

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by David Churchill, Oct 18, 2001.

1. David Churchill

David Churchill AACOM Representative

Oct 16, 2001
    Chevy Chase, MD
    Hello everyone. Many of you are familiar with the AACOM website. (we are the people that process your applications.) Recently we have been doing alot of planning for changing our site. What I would like to discuss here is what you, pre-osteopathic medical students (our most important customers) want. Within the organization I have circulated a list of problems that we think we could reasonably help you to solve. Here they are (in no particular order):

• Find out about osteopathic medicine
    • Learn about osteopathic schools
    • What you should know before applying
    • Apply for admission (AACOMAS)
    • Check on the status of an application
    • Find out about financial aid.
    • Find out about AACOM
    • Participate in a student community
    • Shadow a DO
    • Find interesting data from our information department online

What is the most useful item on this list? The least? What is one problem that is not listed here? Are there specific requirements that are not being addressed with our current web site? (For example, our financial aide links are pretty scarce)

Thanks for reading this. Hopefully we can shape the future of the AACOM experience with all of your useful input!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. David Churchill

David Churchill AACOM Representative

Oct 16, 2001
    Chevy Chase, MD
  4. Physiatrist2B

Physiatrist2B Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 22, 2001
    All these problems are important. The ones I think are most important are:
    1) Checking on status of application
    -that I know of the only way to check is to call
    2) Signing up for Recruiting Events
    -Do you ever have any in states that do not have Osteopathic Schools? I live in Virginia.
    3) Shadowing a DO
    - Would be nice to have a list of DO's that wouldn't mind having someone to shadow and ones that would not be interested.

I found your application to be much easier than AMCAS, in general. The only problem I found was that when I forgot a class, I had to delete all the ones I put in after it. The AMCAS application has a way to insert a class. Check out their app.

Thanks for asking! :) :)