aacomas application fee waiver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Postictal Raiden

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last week, I applied for the MCAT fee waiver, and today I was approved. In the approval email I received, it's mentioned that this fee waiver could also be applied toward 14 primary AMCAS applications, does this also take care of the aacomas fee waiver? or is that a separate application?

If AACOMAS fee waiver is a separate application, where can I find it? When should I fill it out if I am planning to submit my primary apps on June 1st?

I googled the topic and only found the instruction page:
http://www.aacom.org/infofor/applicants/pages/FeeWaiver.aspx

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yeah aacomas is separate. you have to give them a call and then mail in the last few pages of your fafsa. this should be done around may.

I applied and qualified for the AACOMAS fee waiver last year. Go on the application website and look for the instruction manual for the application (its really long, I know). Look for the specific section that talks about the fee waiver and follow the instructions. The waiver allowed me to apply to 3 DO schools for free, and DMU even let me submit my secondary for free!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied and qualified for the AACOMAS fee waiver last year. Go on the application website and look for the instruction manual for the application (its really long, I know). Look for the specific section that talks about the fee waiver and follow the instructions. The waiver allowed me to apply to 3 DO schools for free, and DMU even let me submit my secondary for free!

Thank you,

Do you know what other schools honor this application and waive their secondary fee?

Thank you,

Do you know what other schools honor this application and waive their secondary fee?

i remember posting a list on this last year. most DO schools waive the secondary fee if you got the aacomas waiver. the exceptions were all the LECOMs, NSU, WVSOM and some others i think

I used my waiver at ATSU KCOM, KCUMB, LMU, And PCOM for their secondaries.

Anyone who recieved the AACOMAS fee waiver before, how did they notify you that you qualified? Email, letter in the mail? I sent mine in and it says "received" on my online application but I haven't heard anything one way or another.

Anyone who recieved the AACOMAS fee waiver before, how did they notify you that you qualified? Email, letter in the mail? I sent mine in and it says "received" on my online application but I haven't heard anything one way or another.

I am in exactly the same boat. It says received on the AACOMAS, but I never got any notification. I am assuming since it says "received" and not rejected, that it was approved?

On the top, right corner of the AACOMAS application site, click on "support". Then under "Messages" click on the "2013 AACOMAS fee waivers" link. It will display a message stating whether or not you were granted the waiver.

On the top, right corner of the AACOMAS application site, click on "support". Then under "Messages" click on the "2013 AACOMAS fee waivers" link. It will display a message stating whether or not you were granted the waiver.

Hmm I clicked on support and I see where I would have messages and there is nothing there yet. They finished processing (or "logging" as they called it) my waiver on the 15th so I figured I would have heard something by now. Guess it just takes a little longer.

Last edited:
They said it takes 2-4 weeks after they receive it to give you a decision. It will update on your AACOMAS and you will receive an email that you have a new message.