Aacomas application sent to Touro & Comp..When should I expect secondaries???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bnoosha

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello i have applied to both Touro-MI and Western. (and I am actually very interseted in Touro)

My aacomas application was sent out to these two schools today.

I have above avg. gpa and mcat scores...

I was wondering how long after the primary is sent out...that I should expect to receive a secondary from these schools?

Any info or other recommendations for these two schools would be GREAT.

:) :)

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

bnoosha said:
Hello i have applied to both Touro-MI and Western. (and I am actually very interseted in Touro)

My aacomas application was sent out to these two schools today.

I have above avg. gpa and mcat scores...

I was wondering how long after the primary is sent out...that I should expect to receive a secondary from these schools?

Any info or other recommendations for these two schools would be GREAT.

:) :)

Thanks so much!

Bnoosha,

On the AACOMAS website it says that it takes 4-6 weeks after they have received all materials from you (transcripts and MCAT scores) to process before the initial application is sent out to med schools. If you go to the AACOMAS site, you can check your application status from there. Keep in mind that they're still swamped from all of the people applying after they received their August MCAT scores in October.

Hello.
Thanks for the reply
I actually already waited the 4 weeks...and my application was completed by aacomas and sent out yesterday 17 Nov. 05 to the schools.

I just wanted to know how long I should wait to expect secondaries now?

Thanks so much

:)

Duchess said:

Bnoosha,

On the AACOMAS website it says that it takes 4-6 weeks after they have received all materials from you (transcripts and MCAT scores) to process before the initial application is sent out to med schools. If you go to the AACOMAS site, you can check your application status from there. Keep in mind that they're still swamped from all of the people applying after they received their August MCAT scores in October.

Members don't see this ad :)
bnoosha said:
Hello.
Thanks for the reply
I actually already waited the 4 weeks...and my application was completed by aacomas and sent out yesterday 17 Nov. 05 to the schools.

I just wanted to know how long I should wait to expect secondaries now?

Thanks so much

:)

They snail mail it to everyone. It took mine over a week to get to Touro. Then Touro snail mails you a secondary. Don't expect anything until after Thanksgiving at this point.

However, you can email Touro in about a week, and ask if they have it and if they are sending you the secondary. If so, the secondary is online too, so at least you won't have to wait to start working on it.

Yeah, I'd say probably two or so weeks for secondaries. Actually Touro has a very impressive turnaround time for secondaries--->interviews. My secondary at Touro-NV was received and my interview invite was the DAY after. Wow. Touro-MI was about a week from secondary to interview. Make sure all your letters of rec. are ready to roll out the door the SECOND your secondary comes in. Mail those secondaries the very next day (preferably through overnight mail) and you should get a favorable turnaround time. However, here's some caveats for Touro MI:

35 of this year's 135 seats went to Early Acceptance applicants from last year's waitlist, so they only had 100 available seats at the beginning of the cycle this year. As of my interview there on November 1st, they had filled 40-60 of the seats (I think this figure includes the aforementioned 35), and probably 10-20 or so of the applicants from my interview cycle (which lasts two weeks) got acceptances today. So, you're looking at about 50-60 seats left as of RIGHT NOW. The best thing to do is send out the secondaries the instant you get them back, make sure you have those letters and you should be okay. Best of luck!

THANKS FOR THE USEFUL INFO

I'm soooo sooo worried

I visited the campus 3 weeks ago...and talked to an admissions counselor who told me I seem like an Excellent cadidate...and I shouldnt worried
But i'm sooooo worried

IN the next couple of weeks im trying to get my letters squared away...
and i will definetly take great advice

and congrats on your acceptance...who knows...maybe if things go well....i will be part of your class next year :)

mj1878 said:
Yeah, I'd say probably two or so weeks for secondaries. Actually Touro has a very impressive turnaround time for secondaries--->interviews. My secondary at Touro-NV was received and my interview invite was the DAY after. Wow. Touro-MI was about a week from secondary to interview. Make sure all your letters of rec. are ready to roll out the door the SECOND your secondary comes in. Mail those secondaries the very next day (preferably through overnight mail) and you should get a favorable turnaround time. However, here's some caveats for Touro MI:

35 of this year's 135 seats went to Early Acceptance applicants from last year's waitlist, so they only had 100 available seats at the beginning of the cycle this year. As of my interview there on November 1st, they had filled 40-60 of the seats (I think this figure includes the aforementioned 35), and probably 10-20 or so of the applicants from my interview cycle (which lasts two weeks) got acceptances today. So, you're looking at about 50-60 seats left as of RIGHT NOW. The best thing to do is send out the secondaries the instant you get them back, make sure you have those letters and you should be okay. Best of luck!