AACOMAS Appreciation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Belyzel4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably a non-essential thread that no one cares about, but I just want to show my appreciation for AACOMAS. The representatives there were very responsive and prompt with all my inquiries during the application process. In addition, not only did they process my Friday primary application submission over the weekend by Sunday evening, but I feel as though they also helped me tremendously with my GPA trend because of the way they associate summer with academic years.

AMCAS Total GPA: High School 2.64 -> FR 3.46 -> SO 3.17 -> JR 3.74 -> SR 3.52 (Overall 3.43)
AACOMAS Total GPA: ------------------- FR 2.79 -> SO 3.41 -> JR 3.59 -> SR 3.66 (Overall 3.41)

AMCAS Science GPA: High School 2.00 -> FR 3.00 -> SO 2.64 -> JR 3.76 -> SR 3.52 (Overall 3.28)
AACOMAS Science GPA: ------------------- FR 1.72 -> SO 3.38 -> JR 3.53 -> SR 3.65 (Overall 3.30)

Don't get me wrong, I know I am still at the bottom of the DO applicant pile with my low overall GPA. Regardless, I am glad that I might have a fighting chance now with an upward trend instead of a rollercoaster trend. Of course, knowing my luck, I could just end up getting screened out because of my deplorable freshman GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

This is probably a non-essential thread that no one cares about, but I just want to show my appreciation for AACOMAS. The representatives there were very responsive and prompt with all my inquiries during the application process.

Stopped reading here.

Reactions: 1 user
Stopped reading here.

Agreed lol AACOMAS is notorious for being slow and disagreeable. They actually made two mistakes on my verified application, and wouldn't fix either even though they told me they would. (I took MCAT twice and they listed the same score twice) They also make mistakes that can cost people an entire cycle and will refuse to fix them.

OP, glad you had a good experience. Not taking away from that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed lol AACOMAS is notorious for being slow and disagreeable. They actually made two mistakes on my verified application, and wouldn't fix either even though they told me they would. (I took MCAT twice and they listed the same score twice) They also make mistakes that can cost people an entire cycle and will refuse to fix them.

OP, glad you had a good experience. Not taking away from that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

LOL. That's child's play. They made over 6 mistakes on my verified AACOMAS, and literally sat there on the phone with me for nearly 30 minutes trying to DISPUTE my official transcript.

Yes, they thought they literally has the JURISDICTION to DISPUTE the OFFICIAL transcript.

I had to have a letter from my registrar explaining what my official transcript already had.

Guess what, the official transcript ended up being right.

Reactions: 1 user
What's your MCAT? If schools screened by freshman GPA I wouldn't be starting next fall. Keep yo head up

Ouch, the stuff you folks experienced does not sound like fun. I am going to have to speak with AACOMAS to figure out why my overall GPA is 0.02 lower than AMCAS.

What's your MCAT? If schools screened by freshman GPA I wouldn't be starting next fall. Keep yo head up

Unfortunately, I messed up on exam day and now I have an extremely unbalanced score that isn't doing me any favors. I think my CARS score falls in the 10th percentile for matriculants. (130 / 125 / 130 / 129 - 514)

Ouch, the stuff you folks experienced does not sound like fun. I am going to have to speak with AACOMAS to figure out why my overall GPA is 0.02 lower than AMCAS.

Unfortunately, I messed up on exam day and now I have an extremely unbalanced score that isn't doing me any favors. I think my CARS score falls in the 10th percentile for matriculants. (130 / 125 / 130 / 129 - 514)

Did you mean to be posting this in Pre-DO? Your 514 is a huge asset to your application to DO programs, even with the 125 CARS (which is ~50th percentile and I am certain >10th percentile for DO matriculants). Can't speak to where it lies for MD matriculants, but I would gamble it's at least slightly >10th percentile.

Did you mean to be posting this in Pre-DO? Your 514 is a huge asset to your application to DO programs, even with the 125 CARS (which is ~50th percentile and I am certain >10th percentile for DO matriculants). Can't speak to where it lies for MD matriculants, but I would gamble it's at least slightly >10th percentile.

Whoops, I forgot DO percentiles might be a little different. My MCAT mainly worries me because my GPA is already below the average and having another academic metric below the average just doesn't seem to bode well.