AACOMAS changes upcoming cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blkgrnblkylw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, it appears that the AACOMAS application platform will be changing this May. The big change I see is that AACOMAS will be able to receive and process letters of recommendation directly. It also says that letters may still be received from Virtual Evals, Interfolio, etc...

FYI, if you want to look at the updates, just log onto AACOMAS, click on Support in the top right corner, and look at the message titled "2016 Application Updates".

My questions: I recently set up an Interfolio account to collect my LOR's, is this still useful? Should I still have my letter writers upload their letters to Interfolio, and then I send these letter's to AACOMAS? Or with the new change, should I just have letters sent directly from my letter writers to AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would recommend using interfolio. This way, you always will have the letter should you need them again. Basically you get complete control over further distribution without having to bother the writer again.

Reactions: 1 user
I would recommend using interfolio. This way, you always will have the letter should you need them again. Basically you get complete control over further distribution without having to bother the writer again.

yeah, good point

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd leave it up to the person writing the recommendations. If they like using Interfolio then go ahead, but I had someone who prefers everything by mail, so if they do let 'em.

You could always do both. Have them send a copy to Interfolio for storage and one directly to AACOMAS so you don't have to pay the fee Interfolio would charge you to send it to them.

You could always do both. Have them send a copy to Interfolio for storage and one directly to AACOMAS so you don't have to pay the fee Interfolio would charge you to send it to them.
can you please lmk how to send to AACOMAS from Interfolio?