AACOMAS error?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HemaOncoDoc

One Step At A Time
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to the directions, applicants should have a 750 character limit for the extracurricular, volunteer, etc... section. However, it will not let me provide more than 100 characters. Is this a glitch or does the AACOMAS want us to be that concise? Any thoughts? I just emailed them.

Members don't see this ad.

HemaOncoDoc said:
According to the directions, applicants should have a 750 character limit for the extracurricular, volunteer, etc... section. However, it will not let me provide more than 100 characters. Is this a glitch or does the AACOMAS want us to be that concise? Any thoughts? I just emailed them.

I think it is 750 characters for the entire section...? It did that to me also. How are you writing your descriptions? Are you just listing stuff or writing complete sentences?

BradenDO said:
I think it is 750 characters for the entire section...? It did that to me also. How are you writing your descriptions? Are you just listing stuff or writing complete sentences?
I think its fixed now. I haven't been having problems lately. I'm writing it in paragraph form. I like it to be cohesive.

Members don't see this ad :)
HemaOncoDoc said:
I'm writing it in paragraph form. I like it to be cohesive.

For work experience, I pretty much just copied and pasted the bulleted points of my job descriptions from my resume.. basically, i just copied and pasted each separate listed description, separating each with a comma.. will that be alright? i'm starting to think cohesivity may be where it's at

cee said:
For work experience, I pretty much just copied and pasted the bulleted points of my job descriptions from my resume.. basically, i just copied and pasted each separate listed description, separating each with a comma.. will that be alright? i'm starting to think cohesivity may be where it's at
Everyone has their own way to presenting the material. I just chose paragraphs since it was easier for me to get my point across. Bullets sometime lack clarity.