aacomas FEE WAIVER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markboonya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone apply for one? how long did it take? i am about to send mine in, just wondering how long it took before u got a response, whether yes or no.

Members don't see this ad.

markboonya said:
anyone apply for one? how long did it take? i am about to send mine in, just wondering how long it took before u got a response, whether yes or no.

I got one last year and they were much quicker than the website let on. A friend of mine just got one and it was no longer than two weeks. I didn't submit my AACOMAS until August 1, and got all my interview invites within a couple months, so getting the fee waiver request in now shouldnt' hold you up too much.

great, thanks for ur input. too bad the waiver only covers three schools. i mean, u end up paying a disproportionate amount of money for applying to more than 3.... like 120 bucks for the 4th one vs a jump of only 30 bucks from 3 to 4 without the waiver. oh well, any $ help is good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did and I was surprised at how QUICK they got back to me; I did get it...Let me see what the turnaround was...I sent it May 4th and the letter was dated May 10th.

I know, they are much more chincy than AAMCAS for sure with the 3 schools in they make you pay the init $160 all over again. But of course anything is helpful and I'm very grateful.

The letter explains that when you select fee payment on AACOMAS you need to click money order to alert them you received the fee waiver.

Finally, has anyone had any experience with secondary costs after receiving the waiver?

crys20 said:
I did and I was surprised at how QUICK they got back to me; I did get it...Let me see what the turnaround was...I sent it May 4th and the letter was dated May 10th.

I know, they are much more chincy than AAMCAS for sure with the 3 schools in they make you pay the init $160 all over again. But of course anything is helpful and I'm very grateful.

The letter explains that when you select fee payment on AACOMAS you need to click money order to alert them you received the fee waiver.

Finally, has anyone had any experience with secondary costs after receiving the waiver?
i thought one of you parents was a doctor? i must be thinking of a different SDN'er

lol, yup definately not me :)