Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AACOMAS Grade Updates

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by TrueWolverine, Aug 20, 2015.

1. TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I have completed some summer classes and will be updating AACOMAS with the new grades when that option becomes available. Does anyone know how long it takes for these grades to become available for schools to see them? Is it going to be another 4 weeks just like verification? If schools reject/autoscreen is there any chance they will give you another shot after your grades have been replaced? I'm waiting for my MCAT score to be attached so that will buy me a little time but I'm worried schools will not be able to see my new GPA until after they have made a decision.

2. IDK22

2+ Year Member

I'm in the same boat as you...currently waiting for my transcripts to arrive at AACOMAS. From the first time I sent them it took 17 days to receive and process transcripts. I spoke to AACOMAS over the phone and they told me that for a few classes the verification will not take that long, but more like 2-3 business days. I made the decision to hold off on my secondaries (received first few this week) until my new grades are entered as it will bump up my GPA to a sweet spot above 3.5. I know that I meet the minimum requirements for most schools (which is why I'm getting secondaries), but I don't want to run the risk of them evaluating my completed application with a lower GPA than what I actually will have. I know that schools will re-download the app every so often so, but yeah its an interesting situation to be in.

3. TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member

Yeah I've kind of gotten caught up in the "apply early" mentality and I'm hoping I haven't shot myself in the foot. If schools will look back at my app after I've updated grades then I'm not too worried about it but if I get a rejection and then they throw my app in the trash I'll be in a tough spot. Just hoping schools will be a little flexible.

Have you sent in an updated transcript since verification? AACOMAS told me grade updates aren't available until September 1 but if you've sent them in I may try that.

4. IDK22

2+ Year Member

Yeah, I sent an updated transcript a few days ago. It took about 7-10 days for AACOMAS to receive/process them last time, but they said it would only take a few business days to do the verification for a small amount of classes. By the time my transcripts get there it'll be September 1st so hoping to submit my secondaries that day. Hoping that the timing works out and by the time they have my updated AACOMAS GPA, my app will also be complete to look at for the first time.

5. TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member

That's awesome! I'll send mine in tomorrow. Did you just use the same cover sheet as when you sent it to be verified? Or did you send just the transcripts?

Thanks for posting btw. This is super good news haha I have been really worried about my timing being off.

6. Endorphins98

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So to send updated grades, do you have to go onto AACOMAS and physically enter them in then send a new official transcript?

7. QueenJames

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    School processed my transcript request and sent them out. Anybody know how long it will probably take for AACOMAS to receive them? Then how long after to update our grades?