AACOMAS is on SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AACOMinfo

Official AACOM Representative
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings

With this message AACOM and AACOMAS want to introduce ourselves to StudentDoctor.net users. We have set up an “official” presence on SDN as AACOMinfo and will be regularly monitoring the Pre-Osteopathic Forum and responding as appropriate to questions, comments, and other posts.

There are some things that we won’t do on SDN –
1.Respond to individual questions about your application. Please post those questions through the application itself so that we can keep track of your question and the response.
2.Answer questions that ask for rating and ranking of medical schools – those questions are subjective and dependent on the interests, plans, and temperament of the individual applicant.
3.Spend all of our time on the list. If you post a question, please be patient; we will respond, but it might take a few days. If we spend too much time monitoring the list, we won’t be able to get your applications processed.

Good luck.

The AACOM staff

Members don't see this ad.

Great. :) It's nice to have you here to answer our questions. Quite an upgrade in customer service.

For your first question...:D

How long does it generally take for our applications to be verified & processed from the date of submission assuming that all of our transcripts & MCAT scores have already been submitted and received?
Could you break it down into blocks? (For example, June submissions - 3 weeks, July-August, September-December, Jan-March - 6 weeks, or whatever blocks they tend to fall into?)

Thanks. :love:

From the mod staff here on pre-osteo, Welcome! If you have problems or questions, let any mod staff member know.

:welcome:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, you guys are great! Thanks for taking the time to browse the forum and answer our questions.

If I submit my application now--before my MCAT scores from May 27th are released--will I have to update each school individually about my new MCAT score (I have old scores available)? Or do I update through AACOMAS?

PS: How is an official MCAT score update performed?

Thanks--I want to apply as early as possible, but I don't want to be judged solely on an old MCAT score!

If I submit my application now--before my MCAT scores from May 27th are released--will I have to update each school individually about my new MCAT score (I have old scores available)? Or do I update through AACOMAS?

PS: How is an official MCAT score update performed?

Thanks--I want to apply as early as possible, but I don't want to be judged solely on an old MCAT score!

Matt you are a stud. I am sure you will get a spot anywhere. With or without MCAT scores! :luck:

Applications will go out w/o MCAT scores, once all transcripts for completed courses have been received. When official MCAT scores come in, the apps are updated and when transcripts for in process courses come in, apps are updated.

I have a question about the section titled, "Awards, Honors, Scholarships "

1. I have made Dean's List on multiple occasions--should I just put down the date of the first time it happened? I also made the President's Honor List at another college, would putting this down almost be redundant?
  2. I have various accolades from high school I am rather proud of--is it okay to put these down?

Last edited:
My questions:

Where should we put down if we've acted as TAs for a class? Technically it is shown on my transcript but its not too descriptive (AMS 475: Undergraduate Teaching Practicum)

Also in my experience, my school is notorious for taking forever to post grades. I'm still waiting for my grades to be official for this past semester. If I am applying next year and sent the transcript that I have available, would I have to send the updated one to individual schools, or do I just sent it to aacomas and it'll be forwarded accordingly? I just want to make sure I get the app out as soon as possible.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
My question is regarding receipt of transcripts.

AMCAS received my transcripts roughly 10 days ago, yet AACOMAS has not, and they were sent out on the same day.

The question is, does aacomas sometimes take their time updating one's application regarding the receipt of transcripts, or should I worry about getting them resent? I had also heard that aacomas would not update until you entered your SSN into your app which I did about 4-5 days ago.

Side note: I live far closer to the AACOMAS address than the AMCAS one.

i have the same questions about the transcripts

thanks

me too, i sent my transcripts in over a week ago, and it still hasn't been received. im worried since I live in the same state as the address for aacomas...

Applications will go out w/o MCAT scores, once all transcripts for completed courses have been received. When official MCAT scores come in, the apps are updated and when transcripts for in process courses come in, apps are updated.
If we check a box (there is one, isn't there?) saying we are retaking the MCAT, will schools even look at our application while waiting for the new score? Will it just sit there waiting? If it's acceptable as is, will they send a secondary and if the MCAT score is so bad, will they outright reject the applicant without even waiting for the new score?

Thanks for your services!

Does AACOMAS calculate a science, non-science, and overall GPA? I see that my coursework has been verified/corrected, but I don't see any GPA calculations in my completed application.

Several questions about transcripts -- we had some staff out of the office sick (still do) but have some others who are taking some overtime to get transcripts logged into the system. We are working today to log in transcripts received on June 3.
Don't panic yet -- give us a few days to do some catch-up.
thanks

My questions:

Where should we put down if we've acted as TAs for a class? Technically it is shown on my transcript but its not too descriptive (AMS 475: Undergraduate Teaching Practicum)

Also in my experience, my school is notorious for taking forever to post grades. I'm still waiting for my grades to be official for this past semester. If I am applying next year and sent the transcript that I have available, would I have to send the updated one to individual schools, or do I just sent it to aacomas and it'll be forwarded accordingly? I just want to make sure I get the app out as soon as possible.

Thanks

If you are really proud or can discuss something an accomplishment as TA, you can put it into extracurricular.

And you would send the updated transcript to AACOMAS -- not to the individual Colleges.

I have a question about the section titled, "Awards, Honors, Scholarships "

1. I have made Dean's List on multiple occasions--should I just put down the date of the first time it happened? I also made the President's Honor List at another college, would putting this down almost be redundant?
  2. I have various accolades from high school I am rather proud of--is it okay to put these down?

1. Every time, every one.
2. Your choice -- if you think it will enhance your app.

If we check a box (there is one, isn't there?) saying we are retaking the MCAT, will schools even look at our application while waiting for the new score? Will it just sit there waiting? If it's acceptable as is, will they send a secondary and if the MCAT score is so bad, will they outright reject the applicant without even waiting for the new score?

Thanks for your services!

Yes, they will look now -- your MCAT might meet the criteria before the retake. And when you do retake, we will send the COMs and update.

It is really cool that you are on here, and I must say I am impressed with the layout and easily accesible mode of asking questions directly through AACOMAS. Keep up the good work! And thanks!

Moderators --
might it make sense to close this thread so that questions can be posted in new threads with descriptive subject lines.
thanks.

You wish is my command.... :) Folks, please post questions in the appropriate threads.

Be aware that new threads with questions dealing with primary applications will be merged into the primary application thread. (One of our stream-lining efforts so we don't get 17,379 threads all saying "Help with primary app!!!".) Likewise, personal statement questions will be placed in the personal statement thread, and secondary questions will be merged into the secondary questions thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.