AACOMAS/ MCAT application process question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am taking the Aug 6th MCAT. I have indicated this on my AACOMAS application. Theoretically, if I don't score well on this exam I will take the last MCAT available on September 12th.

Now, do I notify the schools I am applying to that I am taking the Sept MCAT or do I simply request to update my verified AACOMAS application? Or should I just do both?

Just throwing this scenario out there because I am unsure what is done in this case.

Any advice/ feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking the Aug 6th MCAT. I have indicated this on my AACOMAS application. Theoretically, if I don't score well on this exam I will take the last MCAT available on September 12th.

Now, do I notify the schools I am applying to that I am taking the Sept MCAT or do I simply request to update my verified AACOMAS application? Or should I just do both?

Just throwing this scenario out there because I am unsure what is done in this case.

Any advice/ feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Don't simply assume you'll need to retake the MCAT. If that does become the case, then yes, you would need to let AACOMAS know of the retake date.

oh geez, will this delay the verification since I've already turned in my AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't simply assume you'll need to retake the MCAT. If that does become the case, then yes, you would need to let AACOMAS know of the retake date.

I appreciate the advice. I feel confident going into my exam but I just wanted to throw this scenario out there because I honestly didn't know what one should do if this became a reality.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Much appreciated.

oh geez, will this delay the verification since I've already turned in my AACOMAS?

No def not because I was able to tweak my application after I had already submitted it by simply contacting AACOMAS via e-mail through the AACOMAS application website. They simply un-submitted my application, I made my tweaks, re-submitted (didn't have to repay or anything), and my application still got verified on time.

So if you get your score back before your application gets verified and you think you need to retake...just do what I did and contact AACOMAS and add that extra MCAT date to your application and then re-submit...it will not delay your date of verification (aka you won't lose your place in line).

No def not because I was able to tweak my application after I had already submitted it by simply contacting AACOMAS via e-mail through the AACOMAS application website. They simply un-submitted my application, I made my tweaks, re-submitted (didn't have to repay or anything), and my application still got verified on time.

So if you get your score back before your application gets verified and you think you need to retake...just do what I did and contact AACOMAS and add that extra MCAT date to your application and then re-submit...it will not delay your date of verification (aka you won't lose your place in line).

Hmmm, interesting.

Last year if you got un-submitted for edits, your verification got restarted. Thus it was recommended to wait until after verification to make any edits.

Perhaps the difference is either due to a change in AACOMAS policy or the fact that the edit was not grade/transcript related. :confused:

Hmmm, interesting.

Last year if you got un-submitted for edits, your verification got restarted. Thus it was recommended to wait until after verification to make any edits.

Perhaps the difference is either due to a change in AACOMAS policy or the fact that the edit was not grade/transcript related. :confused:

Actually the edit was grade related so I guess they have changed their policy. I was in contact with an AACOMAS rep and asked if my application would be re-started and he said no. I requested my application be un-submitted and the rest is history.

Hmmm, interesting.

Since this its been processing for 5 weeks, think i'm just gona tell them after its verified.