AACOMAS New Vs Old grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrsWard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I paid for ACCOMAS to insert my transcripts. I'm confused on why my 8 year old biology with lab, A&P with lab, chemistry with lab, and microbiology with lab are being used in my overall GPA too. Am I wrong in seeing this as an error? I can't ask anything til tomorrow but I'm confused, I thought my new classes will replace my old?!

Q: Do repeated courses factor into my GPA?
A: In the case of a repeated course, AACOMAS will calculate the MOST RECENT grade received whether it is higher or lower than the first time the course was taken. To ensure this is calculated correctly, you should record the “credits attempted” for all initial attempts of the course as 0.00 in your coursework section and label these courses “not applicable.” You should still record the grade received. As the applicant, you are responsible for entering your Repeated courses correctly according to the AACOMAS Instructions (above). Please note that withdrawn courses are NOT considered repeats.

Members don't see this ad.

Your new courses should replace the old ones as long they meet the conditions set by AACOM for repeats. If you took the new courses at the same school as your previous courses then course code and course title has to match exactly. If the you took the new course at a different school then they have to be similar in terms of content and have to be the same or greater number of credit hours. It seems likely that because you paid AACOMAS to add your courses in the system for you they mislabeled your repeats and now you have to contact them to fix it. AACOMAS seems to be having a ridiculous amount of problems with GPA calculations, LORs, and the overall application system and their support staff is not equipped to fix things in a timely manner. They screwed up my sGPA as well but it wasn't as big a screw up as yours and many others who have posted here. All we can do is contact them and hope for the best. When I called them they simply told me to email them about GPA issues as the phone representative cannot fix those types of issues. Maybe you'll have better luck on the phone with them.

Once was taken in a semester and the others in a quarter system. Looks like I'll be on the phone for awhile then. Ugh. This is so annoying, I hope I can get this resolved. It would be silly to see all those sciences repeated =/

Members don't see this ad :)
It is always better to enter your own transcripts. You will have much better control over your own repeats. I wouldn't trust it with anyone else.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Captain Obvious but it's already done, I can't undo what has already been done. So if you can't help me , please take yourself elsewhere.

Thanks Captain Obvious but it's already done, I can't undo what has already been done. So if you can't help me , please take yourself elsewhere.

So who can help you on this forum? None of us have access to your AACOMAS application. Seriously, the only recourse you have is to contact AACOMAS and have them try to fix it. My advice wasn't just to you, but to all the SDNers who may be on here.

Many people have had problems with this. You need to call/email AACOMAS directly pointing out your exact discrepancies in your transcripts. As a forewarning, this may take some hoops to be prepared with your transcripts and what you believe they should be categorized under.

And with all due respect, there was no need to respond to @mathnerd88 like that. As he said, this is a community forum, and many people have had more problems with grade entry by a third party. He was simply warning the community.