AACOMAS om retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LINYKid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am retaking a few biz classes that I got poor grades in during my undergrad coursework, I am taking them at a different school. I spoke to AACOMAS & got a rep who I went over the course title/decription in the bulletin (there are small differences between the original class and retake) even though the rep said it was ok becuase they are close I still worry how strict AACOMAS is ith retakes.

Has anyone had an experience where AACOMS didnt accept a retake from a diffeent school?

Thanks for the input.....

Members don't see this ad.

if you spoke with AACOMAS and they said it was ok, then I would say it is ok since they are the ones you are worried about, lol. And if AACOMAS told you something and a SDNer told you another thing, who would you believe?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear ya but it was more of a quick ok from a rep, not to offend any SDN'ers I do think that AACOMAS holds more weight but I was just wondering if anyone repeated a class an AACOMAS didnt accept it. The guy I spoke to at AACOMAS gave me a verbal ok, but didnt ask for a name etc.

ACOMAS gave me a gift. I had taken Botony and Zoology in 1995 and did crappy, D's and F's. So when I returned to school in 2005 I was going to retake them...Problem was my school had changed to Principle of Biology I and II. I convinced the school to let me replace them with the new courses but the other problem was the new courses were only 4 credit hours and not 5 like the old classes. So I retook them and that left 1 hour each of botony lab and zoology lab on my transcript. When Acomas calculated my gpa they did not include the "left-over" hours and actually calculated my GPA HIGHER than my university. What a break for me.