AACOMAS opening date issue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mik30102

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just found out today that AACOMAS opens May 3rd, nearly a month before MD schools. My committee will not have my letters of recommendation ready until late May. Would it be detrimental if I wait to fill out AACOMAS until June 1st? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need letters of recommendation for filling out the application. You will need then to complete your file alongside your secondary. Besides, isn't aacomas released until June?

AACOMAS opens in May, but you can't submit until June (if I remember correctly), so you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just read it a second time and you are correct, it is not released until June. Guess I freaked out for no reason since I thought I was gonna have a late application. Thanks anyway though!

Does anyone know how AACOMAS handles pending MCAT scores?

Also, does the so called "early" application refer to an early primary app, or does it refer to an early completed app with lors and secondary also submitted?

Many thanks.

As long as you're complete by end of summer, there isn't much difference. IF you are an underdog, then its better to be complete early, but there is a lot of variability.