AACOMAS Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icestar83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone there know how you can tell if you are over the characater limit for the personal statement? I typed my statement in microsoft word and in that program I am within the limit. However, when I went to paste it into the statement section was no indication if I went over the count or under. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

icestar83 said:
Does anyone there know how you can tell if you are over the characater limit for the personal statement? I typed my statement in microsoft word and in that program I am within the limit. However, when I went to paste it into the statement section was no indication if I went over the count or under. Thanks!

Try to save, it should send up a warning if you are over the limit.

icestar83 said:

after u r done pasting it into the personal statement box...use the arrows on the right side to move the page up and down....this way u will find out how much space is left at the bottom of the page.....

i hope i answered ur question

Members don't see this ad :)
icestar83 said:

My statement was definitely within the limit; I checked it in a plain text editor, at the command line, etc. It did not exceed 4500 characters. Yet, the website kept refusing to accept it. Eventually I whittled it down to 4431 bytes and they accepted it. I think their system is buggy. :(

theraball said:
My statement was definitely within the limit; I checked it in a plain text editor, at the command line, etc. It did not exceed 4500 characters. Yet, the website kept refusing to accept it. Eventually I whittled it down to 4431 bytes and they accepted it. I think their system is buggy. :(

Same thing happened to me. I had to cut an extra 250 characters or so.
Probably improved my essay, but it was a pain.