1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AACOMAS process

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by redwolf, Aug 5, 2006.

1. redwolf

redwolf Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Does anyone know how long it takes between the time you submitted the primary application online until you get a secondary application/interview?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Depends on the school. Some schools will send out secondaries right away while others send them out a few at a time so as not to be crowded with essays to read all at the same time. NYCOM used to just send an invite for an interview and you wrote your secondary while you were there...not sure if that is still the same.

Apply early and be patient. Good Luck!

4. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    NYCOM now only sends a secondary to those offered interviews. you would be able to complete the secondary before your interview unlike in the past. 2ndries/interview invites were sent out after the fall open house last year.

From the time you actually have your application verifired and sent out with GPA and MCAT it could take as little as 2 weeks to start getting secondaries.

not sure how long primaries are taking.

5. redwolf

redwolf Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for the answer. I guess I just have to be patient. :)

6. Lamborghini1315

Lamborghini1315 Sleep deprived
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student

yeaaa nycom's still the same. Last year when i got my secondaries from nycom, i was also invited to an interview. But sadly i never went to the interview because of my stupid pre-med advisor..it's a long story.

7. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i submitted i think 7/20 and have not heard a thing from any schools, of course i submitted AMCAS 7/18 and am still not verified...