AACOMAS processing- transcript delivery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AACOMinfo

Official AACOM Representative
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings

Just a note from AACOMAS -- we get a lot of queries (email and telephone) that read like --
"I sent my transcripts to AACOMAS on xx/xx/xx, do you have it yet?"
A lot of those are sent with 5 or 6 days of the date that you asked your undergrad college to send the transcript.

Take a deep breath -- allow at least 14 days from the date that you requested your transcript before you start to get worried -- why 14 days?

A lot of undergrad colleges take a few days between when you request and when they actually go out -- no matter what they tell you. I recently dealt with an applicant whose undergrad college assured her the transcript went out on the 2nd of the month. When I actually looked at the transcript, it was print dated by the undergrad college on the 16th of the month. That is an extreme, but it takes a few days.

The postal service takes some time. I just took a look at the batch of transcripts that will be logged in today. These were delivered to AACOMAS on June 6. The postmarks range from May 30 to June 5.

The AACOMAS goal is to log transcripts in to the system within two business days of the date delivered. Because you all are applying earlier this year than last and we are getting lots of transcripts before AACOMAS accounts are created, we are at four days now, but are having people work overtime to get to the goal.

And when we have to respond to emails and voicemails asking "Have you got my transcript yet?" it takes time away from logging them in and verifying.

So relax -- we know we encourage you to apply early -- and you all are -- which is great. But give the system some time to work.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should add one thing.

You have to enter your SSN in the MCAT field under the application tab. It is easy to pass this over (as I did). Once I entered my SSN there, the status of my transcripts and official scores went from not received to received within an hour or two. I had entered my social under the account settings tab and thought that was sufficient.

That is a fix we are going to make.

Members don't see this ad :)
If all our transcripts have not been received yet by AACOMAS, but we are finished with the rest of the application, are we still able to submit it?

you can submit without transcripts...but the actual verification process is dependent on transcripts arriving ... at least it works that way for AMCAS

ok thanks a lot for the info!