AACOMAS PS (esp. re: Western COMP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clement

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know (or have the impression) that Western or certain schools looks more closely at the secondary essays than the personal statement of the AACOMAS application? I figure since their secondary is so extensive and makes it so easy to induce regurgitation of the same info as the AACOMAS PS...

Members don't see this ad.

clement said:
Does anyone know (or have the impression) that Western or certain schools looks more closely at the secondary essays than the personal statement of the AACOMAS application? I figure since their secondary is so extensive and makes it so easy to induce regurgitation of the same info as the AACOMAS PS...

for making the final deecsion? yes! for granting your an interview? not really. I got many interview offers with out the secondary....

clement said:

I doubt it. I just got the interview invite from western along with a secondary. I think if they are going to take the trouble to interview applicants w/o a secondary, the secondary is probably not a make or break part of the app.... hopefully at least!

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
jillibean said:
I doubt it. I just got the interview invite from western along with a secondary. I think if they are going to take the trouble to interview applicants w/o a secondary, the secondary is probably not a make or break part of the app.... hopefully at least!

this is from the FAQ on their website:
"How many applications do you receive, interviews do you grant, and applicants do you accept in an average year? We typically receive more than 2200 applications a year, grant approximately 500 interviews, and offer acceptances to seat a class of 206 (30 Northwest Track; 176 regular)."

Was anyone else in the first batch and not receive a secondary from Western? Don't really know if I should contact them and ask about it or wait...

jillibean said:

you have nice numbers though...

jillibean, did you have your LORs in already before you got the interview invite? i received a secondary by e-mail today without an invite (my LORs are not in yet)

bigfatk said:
jillibean, did you have your LORs in already before you got the interview invite? i received a secondary by e-mail today without an invite (my LORs are not in yet)
I am not sure if they have them or not. My letters are on VirtualEvals but I am not sure if they have accessed them or not. I am also applying for the northwest track, which may be less competetive.