Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AACOMAS PS (esp. re: Western COMP)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by clement, Jul 25, 2006.

1. clement

7+ Year Member

Does anyone know (or have the impression) that Western or certain schools looks more closely at the secondary essays than the personal statement of the AACOMAS application? I figure since their secondary is so extensive and makes it so easy to induce regurgitation of the same info as the AACOMAS PS...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sayoc

sayoc Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    for making the final deecsion? yes! for granting your an interview? not really. I got many interview offers with out the secondary....

4. jillibean

jillibean Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I doubt it. I just got the interview invite from western along with a secondary. I think if they are going to take the trouble to interview applicants w/o a secondary, the secondary is probably not a make or break part of the app.... hopefully at least!

:luck:

5. erleichda

erleichda Guest

Pre-Medical
    this is from the FAQ on their website:
    "How many applications do you receive, interviews do you grant, and applicants do you accept in an average year? We typically receive more than 2200 applications a year, grant approximately 500 interviews, and offer acceptances to seat a class of 206 (30 Northwest Track; 176 regular)."

Was anyone else in the first batch and not receive a secondary from Western? Don't really know if I should contact them and ask about it or wait...

6. clement

7+ Year Member

you have nice numbers though...

7. erleichda

erleichda Guest

Pre-Medical
    jillibean, did you have your LORs in already before you got the interview invite? i received a secondary by e-mail today without an invite (my LORs are not in yet)

8. jillibean

jillibean Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am not sure if they have them or not. My letters are on VirtualEvals but I am not sure if they have accessed them or not. I am also applying for the northwest track, which may be less competetive.