• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
can we use the same PS for both AMCAS and AACOMAS?? Do they both go out at the same time??

DORoe

BWAAA HAAA HAAA
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Status
The AACOMAS PS is shorter than the AAMC one. I think that the AAMC is something like 5000 characters while the AACOMAS is 3500 characters or something like that. I used a modified version of my AAMC PS for AACOMAS. You can send them whenever you want once they open. You don't have to send them at the same time if you do not want to.

Robz

La Vie Boheme
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2003
Drinking Texas Tea
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I reworked my AACOMAS PS cause it was so much shorter. I wish they gave us as much room as the AMCAS one.

About the Ads

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
Yea just do your AMCAS one and then modify it and shorten for AACOMAS. You can add a little paragraph about DOs if you want.:thumbup:

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I wonder why the AACOMAS is shorter? I felt like I didn't have enough space to say all that I wanted to say.

Oh, and I also shorten my AMCAS one and added my DO interest.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
I think it is 3000 characters with spaces! Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember having to edit it many many times!

About the Ads