aacomas question - help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crys20

make it happen!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. So, must I wait til all my transcripts are received before I submit? It says that transcripts must be received before processing can be completed. So will you be screwed if you submit early, then they get your transcript like a week later, then they can process? I ask because I got the fee waiver and it says you must submit within 45 days of when I got it. This puts me at like 10 days or so after my final grades come out...So not positive that my school would have it mailed out and to them by then. Think I should risk it and just wait for my school to get it there, then submit (not a huge deal, its a savings of not a TON of $$ but it would be nice)....Or submit a few days before AACOMAS received my final transcript?

Second q is how do you know when AACOMAS has your transcripts? AMCAS has a status page plus they email you.

Members don't see this ad.

crys20 said:
Hi guys. So, must I wait til all my transcripts are received before I submit? It says that transcripts must be received before processing can be completed. So will you be screwed if you submit early, then they get your transcript like a week later, then they can process? I ask because I got the fee waiver and it says you must submit within 45 days of when I got it. This puts me at like 10 days or so after my final grades come out...So not positive that my school would have it mailed out and to them by then. Think I should risk it and just wait for my school to get it there, then submit (not a huge deal, its a savings of not a TON of $$ but it would be nice)....Or submit a few days before AACOMAS received my final transcript?

Second q is how do you know when AACOMAS has your transcripts? AMCAS has a status page plus they email you.

bumpity bump...nobody knows?

Hi. I applied last year and submitted my application 1st. It just means they hang onto your application until they receive the transcripts. ie. even though u submit your app on say 5/20 they won't process it until they get all your transcripts. Basically as soon as they received my transcripts they processed and verified and it was sent out within a week to schools. Hope this helps. Good Luck. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks!! all i wanted to know. :) so it doesn't negatively affect you if you submit prior to them receiving a transcript.

crys20 said:
thanks!! all i wanted to know. :) so it doesn't negatively affect you if you submit prior to them receiving a transcript.

nope. not as far as I know. I was transmitted and accepted at 2 schools with zero problems with AACOMAS. so...I think u will be fine. If you want to make sure, on the AACOMAS website is a phone number to call. I surprisingly had better luck emailing them though. definately submit ASAP and then worry about getting the transcripts. AACOMAS definately got my Txts AFTER i submitted my app.

irishlaydi said:
Hi. I applied last year and submitted my application 1st. It just means they hang onto your application until they receive the transcripts. ie. even though u submit your app on say 5/20 they won't process it until they get all your transcripts. Basically as soon as they received my transcripts they processed and verified and it was sent out within a week to schools. Hope this helps. Good Luck. :luck:

so when is the earliest day we could submit the application?? june1?

I think this is the date they aim for...I think it was actually a few days later than that last year...If you have it done and ready to go by June 1, you'll be in good shape. :)