AACOMAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GA Girl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a deadline for AACOM that you must submit your final decision? The site states the following but does not give a date. AMCAS apparently has one but I wasn't sure about AACOM:

Applicants who have made a final decision on the medical school they plan to attend have the obligation to promptly withdraw their applications from all other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

GA Girl said:
Is there a deadline for AACOM that you must submit your final decision? The site states the following but does not give a date. AMCAS apparently has one but I wasn't sure about AACOM:

Applicants who have made a final decision on the medical school they plan to attend have the obligation to promptly withdraw their applications from all other schools.

there is no official date. i am sure there are still people sitting on multiple DO acceptances at the moment.

I think your asking about a situation where a school accepts you, how long can you take before you decide to either take the offer or not?

This would depend on the school, I do not think AACOMAS has anything to do with that.

AACOMAS does not have much to do with anything once they submit your verified and completed application to the schools you designate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm think the OP is talking about the May 15th deadline that AMCAS has for you to choose only one school from your multiple acceptances. AACOM does not have such a deadline.

HunterGatherer said:
I'm think the OP is talking about the May 15th deadline that AMCAS has for you to choose only one school from your multiple acceptances. AACOM does not have such a deadline.

That is what I was asking about. Thank you. Can anyone else verify?