AACOMAS rollover for 2017 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDtoMD16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have filled out all my course work and other materials for this current application cycle. I also have had my transcripts sent over and received confirmation. I do not plan on applying this cycle but wish to have things in line for the first day of the next cycle. So assuming I do not apply / pay any application fees, what will and will not roll over June 1st for the 2017 cycle?

I assume I will not be verified since I will not submit?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought that this policy only reflects 2015 to 2016 roll over, due to the changes in AACOMAS? I thought I remember reading somewhere it will resume normally for 2017 and beyond.

Since the 2016/17 instructions have not been released, there is no confirmation that the new system will support roll overs. However, if the new systems uses the same roll over rules as the old one, you can only reuse submitted transcripts if your application went through verification.

Since the 2016/17 instructions have not been released, there is no confirmation that the new system will support roll overs. However, if the new systems uses the same roll over rules as the old one, you can only reuse submitted transcripts if your application went through verification.

Ah that makes sense. So basically I will be stuck forking over the payment fee for at least one school in order for my entries to become considered verified and thus roll over?

Ah that makes sense. So basically I will be stuck forking over the payment fee for at least one school in order for my entries to become considered verified and thus roll over?

Assuming that rollover will be resumed in the coming cycle.

No, don't pay the fee yet. Just rollover once the app opens for next cycle. You will be able to be verified very very quickly if you have have everything filled out and submit that early.

No, don't pay the fee yet. Just rollover once the app opens for next cycle. You will be able to be verified very very quickly if you have have everything filled out and submit that early.

I apologize, but I'm getting two different responses I think? Assuming AACOMAS resumes the old rollover rules for the next cycle, do I have to submit and pay the fee in order for my transcripts and coursework entries to rollover? Meaning, if I have already sent my transcripts will I have to send them again to get verified opening day of the following cycle?

What about evaluations guys, will they roll over? I spent more than a month (literally) chasing all my Profs, DO and MD to get my letters to AACOMAS. Many of them are old fashioned folks and it wasn't easy to persuade them to work with computer and upload letters properly. Most of them were willing to just give me paper copy and they had hard time understanding why I'm torturing them with some silly requirements, email requests, registrations etc.

What about evaluations guys, will they roll over? I spent more than a month (literally) chasing all my Profs, DO and MD to get my letters to AACOMAS. Many of them are old fashioned folks and it wasn't easy to persuade them to work with computer and upload letters properly. Most of them were willing to just give me paper copy and they had hard time understanding why I'm torturing them with some silly requirements, email requests, registrations etc.

I found out that in order for verified course work to roll over, you must apply to at least one school. The only thing that will roll over from cycle to cycle is verified course work so you will still have to do the rest. If you are reapplying, I recommend saving the PDF of your application before cycle closes.

I found out that in order for verified course work to roll over, you must apply to at least one school. The only thing that will roll over from cycle to cycle is verified course work so you will still have to do the rest. If you are reapplying, I recommend saving the PDF of your application before cycle closes.
So Rec Letters will not roll over?

So does that mean that our repeated courses/GPAs as they are now will not change if we applied this cycle and then decide to apply again next? No need to send in transcripts again, etc?

Reactions: 1 user
So does that mean that our repeated courses/GPAs as they are now will not change if we applied this cycle and then decide to apply again next? No need to send in transcripts again, etc?

As long as you have applied, paid and been verified, then yes that part should roll over. I don't know about the LORs though. All the rest will have to be done again.

So Rec Letters will not roll over?

this is why everyone should be using a 3rd party LOR archiver+manager like interfolio. it's like $20 a year, how can anyone not use this service? almost every university postgrad guidance department promotes these types of services.

this is why everyone should be using a 3rd party LOR archiver+manager like interfolio. it's like $20 a year, how can anyone not use this service? almost every university postgrad guidance department promotes these types of services.
I realized that too late. Initially, after their recent website and system upgrade I trusted AACOMAS. I thought they should know better. They stated in their FAQ that it is recommended to send LORs directly to them. I wanted to comply to every single rule best way I can. IMHO they should back up their service with possibility to roll over LORs and technically it's easy.
Now I know that sometimes it's better to not trust officials and do it old fashion way (Interfolio). Lesson learned for me.

P.S. our University does not promote any such service. Moreover, not a single doctor/science faculty member even asked a single question about method of delivery. So it's not uncommon. I highly suspect a lot of applicants fall for the same mistake.

YES this. Dont rely entirely on the aacomas letter service. Use interfolio's dossier to save an archive of your letters so you can resend, or access them later. You don't want to lose letters because your writers might not go through the trouble to write you new ones.

Reactions: 1 user