AACOMAS sent out apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gforce007

Top DOg
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this happened yet with the first batch. Its is becoming frustrating playing the waiting game. Has anyone had luck.......?? Sorry just venting b/c for the 10000000 time I have checked

Members don't see this ad.

In the same boat as you!

Im getting worried, its like we worked so hard to get all our **** complete, and its as if there was no advantage to doing that.

I guess im just venting too! I know AAMC wont release to med.schools till early july.

just hang in there...at least we know we are in the early group!

When did you guys send yours out?? What do you think is the latest before you can get in the first batch?! I'm tryin i'm tryin...

Members don't see this ad :)
I even have some secondaries out for schools who post them online but they are just waiting for AACOMAS

yeah whats up with this, I rushed to get my app in as soon as the service opened, and they still havent sent them out....

i guess this is good news for those of us that are about to apply soon ;)

I agree with all of you in that those who completed their apps early should have an advantage by having their apps sent out earlier. However, you must realize that at this point in time it is taking AACOMAS two - three weeks to calculate GPAs, and that's after they receive and process transcripts. Those who are eagerly awaiting transmission should not sweat it. You will have a slight advantage if your GPA is calculated, as it is anticipated AACOMAS will send apps within a week and a half (conservative estimate). Those who are just completing their app just now (i.e. transcripts received) will not get sent out with the first batch, as holds true for those who have completed theirs within the last week because of the processing time.
Also, please realize that there are plenty of people out there who are going to take the August MCAT, don't understand the application process as well as us SDNers, or are just plain lazy. Our apps will get sent out soon and we will have a slight advantage.

Boner said:
I agree with all of you in that those who completed their apps early should have an advantage by having their apps sent out earlier. However, you must realize that at this point in time it is taking AACOMAS two - three weeks to calculate GPAs, and that's after they receive and process transcripts. Those who are eagerly awaiting transmission should not sweat it. You will have a slight advantage if your GPA is calculated, as it is anticipated AACOMAS will send apps within a week and a half (conservative estimate). Those who are just completing their app just now (i.e. transcripts received) will not get sent out with the first batch, as holds true for those who have completed theirs within the last week because of the processing time.
Also, please realize that there are plenty of people out there who are going to take the August MCAT, don't understand the application process as well as us SDNers, or are just plain lazy. Our apps will get sent out soon and we will have a slight advantage.

the voice of reason :thumbup:

OK, folks. I spoke with a friendly AACOMAS customer service rep just now and he said the first batch will most likely, and that's a big most likely, go out next Thursday. They will be sent via snail mail and electronically this year. Again, I emphasize that he could not for sure say when the first batch was going out, but that they are really trying for this Thursday.

Boner said:
OK, folks. I spoke with a friendly AACOMAS customer service rep just now and he said the first batch will most likely, and that's a big most likely, go out next Thursday. They will be sent via snail mail and electronically this year. Again, I emphasize that he could not for sure say when the first batch was going out, but that they are really trying for this Thursday.

'Thanks so much. It just really bites waiting and rechecking daily-

Trabada said:
which schools?
I checked website for all the schools and the only ones available are for year 2006 not 2007, they did not updated their websites

The secondaries do not change, just replace a 6 w/ a 7 and send them in. I already varified that my secondaries are complete

Trabada said:
which schools?
I checked website for all the schools and the only ones available are for year 2006 not 2007, they did not updated their websites

The secondaries do not change, just replace a 6 w/ a 7 and send them in. I already verified that my secondaries are complete

Members don't see this ad :)
Gforce007 said:
The secondaries do not change, just replace a 6 w/ a 7 and send them in. I already verified that my secondaries are complete

How can u change the 6 to a 7 when its on adobe? Most of the schools i've found them for, ie. lake erie, etc have it for 2005. Do you think the secondary apps are the same?

mzztiffany said:
How can u change the 6 to a 7 when its on adobe? Most of the schools i've found them for, ie. lake erie, etc have it for 2005. Do you think the secondary apps are the same?

I can only speak for UMDNJ....Printed up and mailed them in

I have received confirmation today that the first batch of applications will be going out this week. Furthermore, the options for applying to ATSU-Mesa, Touro-Harlem, and Lincoln Memorial will be available in September or October.

I just checked my application designation status and...APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN SENT!

What is taking mine so long. I called the the girl who picked up had no idea what she was even talking about. 4-6 weeks after my transcripts? WTheck that would be in AUG!!! I sent in my apps 6/5 and my transcripts were in 6/16. Does anyone have this problem or is it just me

Boner said:
I have received confirmation today that the first batch of applications will be going out this week. Furthermore, the options for applying to ATSU-Mesa, Touro-Harlem, and Lincoln Memorial will be available in September or October.

Do you mean that we can still apply for those schools for the year fall 2007 at that time? And how do we keep checking the status for that? I been searching everywhere. Thanks

mzztiffany said:
Do you mean that we can still apply for those schools for the year fall 2007 at that time? And how do we keep checking the status for that? I been searching everywhere. Thanks

go to www.aacom.org

then go check the status on the right side of the page of your application.

there you can see your GPA calc's. your designated schools status, payment rec'd etc.

The page is dynamic and gets updated with new information as you progress through the process.

CuttinEmUp said:
go to www.aacom.org

then go check the status on the right side of the page of your application.

there you can see your GPA calc's. your designated schools status, payment rec'd etc.

The page is dynamic and gets updated with new information as you progress through the process.

Oh I meant for the schools you listed. How do we find out when we can apply for them for the year 2007. I know you said Sept/Oct. But I mean how can we apply for it if we already sent in out apps, will they open up a new section for us to apply, etc?

mzztiffany said:
Oh I meant for the schools you listed. How do we find out when we can apply for them for the year 2007. I know you said Sept/Oct. But I mean how can we apply for it if we already sent in out apps, will they open up a new section for us to apply, etc?

I was under the impression that once the school is ready to accept apps. they will appear in the schools designated section of AACOMAS and you will be able to select them as additional schools you want to receive the application and pay the additional fee.

CuttinEmUp said:
I was under the impression that once the school is ready to accept apps. they will appear in the schools designated section of AACOMAS and you will be able to select them as additional schools you want to receive the application and pay the additional fee.

So if you already applied, they will still be able to appear?

mzztiffany said:
So if you already applied, they will still be able to appear?

yes. of course! :)

Hey mzztiffany,

I'm in the same boat. They received my transcripts on 6/5 and I submitted my primary on 6/13. No GPA calculations or anything yet...but they did receive my payment. It might be early for me to fret since the two week mark barely arrived. Give it a few days and follow up with a call. I plan on doing so by Thurs. if I don't hear anything.

apparently its taking around 4 weeks to get the gpa calculated and the app processed...

Thanks n0chi for the heads up! That sucks...and I thought I was turning it early to avoid this wait. Guess I shoulda had it in sooner. :( ah well. Cheers everyone!

My AACOMAS app says that it was mailed yesterday. But under status, it says, "Revised." What does that mean?

it means it was sent... you should be happy :)
i on the other hand... have to wait a few weeks :(

How many people does AACOMAS employ? I get the feeling its like one dude who answers the phone and verifies apps in between two part-time jobs and band practice.

I submitted my app 3 weeks ago.. and still no GPA update? Anyone else still waiting?

n0chi said:
apparently its taking around 4 weeks to get the gpa calculated and the app processed...

Disregard my previous question............

Packamylase said:
My AACOMAS app says that it was mailed yesterday. But under status, it says, "Revised." What does that mean?
I got that same message. Mine was sent yesterday, but my application did go through a revision because there was a glaring error on it. I was undercredted by 30 semester hours. Its all fixed now though.

Packamylase said:
Now it says "new." lol. Now, what does that mean!?

HemaOncoDoc said:
Now it says "new." lol. Now, what does that mean!?

Mine says the same thing. My MCAT thingy is still blank though. I had submitted before April scores were posted so I left that section blank. I did release the score to AACOMAS the day scores came out but that section is still blank in AACOMAS. Anyone have this problem too?

When I print out the app, it says:
MCAT Information
No data recorded. :smuggrin:

Y_Marker said:
Mine says the same thing. My MCAT thingy is still blank though. I had submitted before April scores were posted so I left that section blank. I did release the score to AACOMAS the day scores came out but that section is still blank in AACOMAS. Anyone have this problem too?

When I print out the app, it says:
MCAT Information
No data recorded. :smuggrin:
Yes. I was told though that it will be updated. Since I've grown skeptical, I emailed AACOM just in case. I'll post the results of the inquiry when they are received.