AACOMAS shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Dazzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do shadowing experiences go on AACOMAS?

Also, do we need to specify MD versus DO?

How detailed does shadowing description need to be?

Members don't see this ad.

I put it under community service area and I put the name of the clinic for the organization. In the description, just put what you did. I wrote about how I shadowed in the hospital and clinic, scrubbed in on a few surgeries to observe, helped translate when no one was reachable, etc. There's no right or wrong for this.

I put it under community service area and I put the name of the clinic for the organization. In the description, just put what you did. I wrote about how I shadowed in the hospital and clinic, scrubbed in on a few surgeries to observe, helped translate when no one was reachable, etc. There's no right or wrong for this.

Pretty much this. For shadowing, just put the name of the physician, the number of hours you shadowed and what you did (like what procedures you got to see). That's it.

Members don't see this ad :)

Pretty much this. For shadowing, just put the name of the physician, the number of hours you shadowed and what you did (like what procedures you got to see). That's it.

:thumbup: to the above posts. Plus something to make it personal. Mention one or two things you enjoyed learning or found interesting. Just so it isn't so dry and minimalistic.

just a quick question: For shadowing, what can i put in "Position Title" on AACOMAS? I don't think theres such a word as a shadower..lol. Should I put "Shadowing Position"?

just a quick question: For shadowing, what can i put in "Position Title" on AACOMAS? I don't think theres such a word as a shadower..lol. Should I put "Shadowing Position"?

Student Shadow works.

I put student observer.