AACOMAS Transcript Entry Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ochem 32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had some questions about the transcript entry process. I've emailed a few of the big ones to AACOM, but thought of more after I sent the email.

I know on the faq page that it says you should enter the course titles exactly how they appear on your transcripts, but some of mine are already abbreviated to what seems like too vague of a description on the transcript. For example, I took a class called Mechanisms and Pathologies of Learning and Memory, but my transcript just says "MEMORY AND LEARNING". Another example is a class called Psychology of Personality, but the transcript just says "PERSONALITY". So for cases like these should I enter it exactly how it's stated on the transcript?

Also for organic chemistry, my transcript has the 2 courses listed as "ORGANIC CHEMISTRY I" AND ORGANIC CHEMISTRYII". I'm not sure why they didn't included a space between "CHEMISTRY" and "II", but they did include a space between "CHEMISTRY" and "I". Once again, I'm assuming I should just copy it exactly from my transcript?

Do I include research for academic credit? I would think so because it is on my transcript, but I also don't want to include it more than once since I listed it under my experiences.

Last question for now. I took a class titled Genetics and Cell Biology, but only see the options "genetics" or "cell biology" for the subject. Should I choose one of these or just put "biology". My only concern with this is that classes that recommend taking genetics or cell biology might not realize it is that course if it doesn't include it in the course subject I select.

I really just don't want to have my application sent back to me because of errors. I don't know if small things like this would constitute sending it back or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't email them. Call them. Not only will you get a direct answer, but they are generally really helpful. Real time solutions for the win, my friend.

You can literally rattle this list of questions to them, and they'll answer you with material you can bank on... instead of the sarcastically helpful community that is SDN / online forums

Thank you for the helpful reply. I just wanted people's opinions on it. I am going to ask AACOM to make sure though