AACOMAS update time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.kicia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just compulsevely planing (during my workout LOL) the next cycle applications.
I am registered to take the MCAT on May 31st (the score is reliesed on june 30th).
So...i thought that while i will be waiting for my MCAT score i could just prepare my application and send all my transcripts(so they have those 4-6 weeks to get me verified), get my LOR on the interfolio etc.so i have everything ready to go once the scores are reliesed.

But then i am taking summer classes (2 science and one art history) and i would want to get those in. The grades will be available in late july.
Now how does this work with AACOMAS?
If let's say i am verified in june and send my apps in, once i update in late july with summer grades how long does it take for AACOMAS to recalculate my gpa? Is it again 4-6 weeks before the info is updated.
Would it be just better to wait for the grades from summer classes and apply in august or is it gonna hurt me because it will be a little late?
Any help,please...:oops:
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I was just compulsevely planing (during my workout LOL) the next cycle applications.
I am registered to take the MCAT on May 31st (the score is reliesed on june 30th).
So...i thought that while i will be waiting for my MCAT score i could just prepare my application and send all my transcripts(so they have those 4-6 weeks to get me verified), get my LOR on the interfolio etc.so i have everything ready to go once the scores are reliesed.

But then i am taking summer classes (2 science and one art history) and i would want to get those in. The grades will be available in late july.
Now how does this work with AACOMAS?
If let's say i am verified in june and send my apps in, once i update in late july with summer grades how long does it take for AACOMAS to recalculate my gpa? Is it again 4-6 weeks before the info is updated.
Would it be just better to wait for the grades from summer classes and apply in august or is it gonna hurt me because it will be a little late?
Any help,please...:oops:
thanks in advance

submit 1st, then update later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted then sent an update transcrip to AACOMAS on Jan 3rd, and I do not see a change in the date for transcripts received. All they need to do is add 2 more classes, how hard can that be?

I submitted then sent an update transcrip to AACOMAS on Jan 3rd, and I do not see a change in the date for transcripts received. All they need to do is add 2 more classes, how hard can that be?

Mine was updated about 3 weeks after I sent the transcript. It gets sent out to schools the same day. hope that helps.

i figured that...:rolleyes: ;) :D but how long does it take to update?

i dunno ... i hadnt bothered to update, as it didnt come up for me in an interview ...

just suggested for you not to wait and to submit ... then worry bout updating when u need to ...

Mine was updated about 3 weeks after I sent the transcript. It gets sent out to schools the same day. hope that helps.

Thanks Kuba, that was the kind of answer i was looking for.
I am quite obsessive aabout planning this whole process out right so i do not get some unpleasant surprises when the time comes :D

i dunno ... i hadnt bothered to update, as it didnt come up for me in an interview ...

just suggested for you not to wait and to submit ... then worry bout updating when u need to ...

well...i worry about it now because i will kinda need too.
All the science classes i have taken or will take by may will only be the raw pre-reqs, nothing fancy like biochem, genetics etc.
Plus i will still be taking orgo lab during the summer so i guess that should be updated since it is a pre-req.
Man...6 more months and like Poles say it "i feel like i am going to lay an egg in a moment":laugh: (DRKUBA will coment on this i can bet right now:D )
Anyways thank you guys for input....keep it comming :)

Thanks Kuba, that was the kind of answer i was looking for.
I am quite obsessive aabout planning this whole process out right so i do not get some unpleasant surprises when the time comes :D

only if i'd discovered this site earlier ... prolly have submitted 1st thing in june ...

AACOMAS just updated my GPA. So it takes about 3 weeks. Jan 3rd sent, updated on Jan 25th.

3 weeks?!?! Time is of essence and they're going to take three weeks!! Someone shoot me now! :smuggrin:

so how do you update ur transcripts? do you just send a new one to AACOMAS or do you also have to modify AACOMAS online application as well?