1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Aacomas?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MJB, Aug 13, 2006.

1. MJB

MJB Senior Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    On the application, when you are putting in your transcript grades, do you also input what the AACOMAS grade would be?

My school's only give A, B, C, D, F with no + or - sign...

Just want to make sure I have it right before I submit...thanks for any help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LINYKid

LINYKid Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    best bet is to cal them i had a question where my school gives no -'s only letter or + and they were very helpfull

4. MJB

MJB Senior Member

Attending Physician
    The thing that is confusing me is that it's "required" that you put in the AACOMAS grade, so I'm just going on the assumption that it is the letter grade on my transcript.

5. cbenedic

cbenedic Wolverine for life
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

definitley speak with aacomas first! i just reviewed the instructions for the coursework section and letter grades are assigned numeric values to check your gpa. a B+ would definitley get higher points than a B, and a B will be higher than a B-. since your school does not have +'s or -'s, i think aacomas should adjust the gpa calculations accordingly. i just wouldnt want u to have a lower gpa than what u should have :) good luck!

6. MJB

MJB Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Kinda sucks, because if I'm reading it correctly, if they had the %'s that you obtained, it might give you an AACOMAS + or - rather than a straight letter grade. As it is, I just have straight letter grades and got a lot of "B's" that probably would have been "+'s".

Oh well.

I'm getting it ready and will call them. Wanted to have this submitted a long time ago. :oops: