AACPMAS 2023-2024 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2028)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to another year of the AACPMAS Application Cycle for the Class of 2028

Keeping with the traditions of the past cycles:
If you have questions regarding the cycle, search for past threads, post the question here, or send us the mods a PM. Like the previous years, the purpose of this thread will be to ask/share any application-related questions and your acceptance stats.

School-specific threads: Current Podiatry School-Specific Discussions
2022-2034 cycle & Acceptance Stats: AACPMAS 2022-2023 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2027)
2021-2022 cycle & Acceptance Stats: AACPMAS 2021-2022 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2026)
2020-2021 cycle & Acceptance Stats:
AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)

After receiving an acceptance, please post your stats below in a similar order:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)
2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
4. # of programs applied to
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered
6. Attending program

GOOD LUCK!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
1. cGPA 3.58 sGPA 3.69
2. 492, 498
3. 2,500+ hours as a Medial Scribe, Women in Science mentor, 3 years of Undergraduate Research, 1 year UTA in Chemistry, 10+ hours podiatry shadowing, currently employed as a Medical Assistant and Lab Technician
4. 10 (all except UTRGV)
5. Accepted to all: NYCPM 18k, SMU 30k, RFU 25k, DMU 15k, Western 7k, Barry 20k, Temple 18k, LECOM 5k, KSUCPM 20k, MWU
6. KSUCPM

Reactions: 1 users
1. cGPA: 3.95 sGPA: 4.0
2. MCAT: 501
3. ~60 hours shadowing pods, ~1,000 hours as residential caregiver/home health aid, 320 hours research experience, president of club for 3 yrs
4. applied: western, DMU, Scholl, Barry, KSUCPM
5. accepted to DMU, Barry, KSUCPM with scholarships (decided not to interview w/ Western)
6. attending: most likely KSUCPM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. cGPA: 3.95 sGPA: 4.0
2. MCAT: 501
3. ~60 hours shadowing pods, ~1,000 hours as residential caregiver/home health aid, 320 hours research experience, president of club for 3 yrs
4. applied: western, DMU, Scholl, Barry, KSUCPM
5. accepted to DMU (5k), Barry (25k), KSUCPM (25k) (decided not to interview w/ Western)
6. attending: most likely KSUCPM!

congrats!! did scholl get back to you?

I honestly think this thread should include undergrad. major.

A 2.9 GPA enignieer/physics major is more impressive than a 4.0 biology major.

I am a first year at KSUCPM, feel free to ask me anything.

1. cGPA 3.58 sGPA 3.69
2. 492, 498
3. 2,500+ hours as a Medial Scribe, Women in Science mentor, 3 years of Undergraduate Research, 1 year UTA in Chemistry, 10+ hours podiatry shadowing, currently employed as a Medical Assistant and Lab Technician
4. 10 (all except UTRGV)
5. Accepted to all: NYCPM 18k, SMU 30k, RFU 25k, DMU 15k, Western 7k, Barry 20k, Temple 18k, LECOM 5k, KSUCPM 20k, MWU
6. KSUCPM
I honestly should have asked for higher and yearly scholarships to waive more tuition. I bargained for a pretty good one, but probably could have done better. Hindsight is 20/20.

Do schools care though?
It depends. Schools also want their students to graduate.

A 3.0 engineering student is probably more reliable than a 3.8 biology major, so that should be taken into account by the schools.

Conversely, you would have to also take into account the dean not liking the schools admission average GPA to be lower.

It depends. Schools also want their students to graduate.

A 3.0 engineering student is probably more reliable than a 3.8 biology major, so that should be taken into account by the schools.

Conversely, you would have to also take into account the dean not liking the schools admission average GPA to be lower.
Says who? What if it was 3.8 biology from an ivy vs 3.0 engineering from a not so elite state school?

Says who? What if it was 3.8 biology from an ivy vs 3.0 engineering from a not so elite state school?
I am not sure podiatry schools consider these things to even a fraction of the extent as medical schools. A high GPA even if from a less rigorous school, with a less rigorous major and a couple Ws and many classes taken at community colleges still helps their GPA averages look better. Most medical schools will probably filter out most of these type applicants that are weak but with a good GPA (unless they have a high MCAT also). Podiatry tends to have filters for organizational jobs more so than being admitted to schools. In podiatry school all but the weakest students are getting in. As far as the really large and not the typical scholarships I suppose every school's committee might be a little different as to what they weigh more heavily, but it is still largely GPA and MCAT, but at that point something special on essay and rigorous school/degree probably matter.

You severely overestimate Ivy League undergrad education and underestimate typical state university engineering.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Members don't see this ad :)
You severely overestimate Ivy League undergrad education and underestimate typical state university engineering.

You severely overestimate podiatry school admission offices.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
You severely overestimate podiatry school admission offices.
Podiatry schools don’t even know how to advertise. Considering most undergrads looking to have a career in medicine don’t even know podiatry exists, I’d say podiatry schools keep shooting themselves in the foot.

My previous comment was meant sarcastically because who are you to say an engineer grad is more reliable than a bio grad. It is my opinion that you severely overestimate the logic behind your opinions

My previous comment was meant sarcastically because who are you to say an engineer grad is more reliable than a bio grad. It is my opinion that you severely overestimate the logic behind your opinions
I didn’t say an engineering grad is more reliable than a bio grad, I was just saying a B GPA engineering student is probably more impressive than an A- GPA bio student.

And that it should be taken into account by professional schools.

I didn’t say an engineering grad is more reliable than a bio grad, I was just saying a B GPA engineering student is probably more impressive than an A- GPA bio student.

And that it should be taken into account by professional schools.
I feel like you post for the sake of posting.

“A 3.0 engineering student is probably more reliable than a 3.8 biology major, so that should be taken into account by the schools.”
-
Robin-jay

Reactions: 5 users

“A 3.0 engineering student is probably more reliable than a 3.8 biology major, so that should be taken into account by the schools.”
-
Robin-jay
It's easier than studying?

...he/she knows how schools should run, how residencies should pick among students, how doctors will turn out after graduation, and what residcies are best... all based on "from what I've seen." It's a gift?

Reactions: 1 user

-
Robin-jay

I wouldn't sleep on engineering majors, despite generally lower GPAs due to the field. I didn't have an engineering degree so I have nothing to gain, but I think something like physics or engineering is more impressive than biology.

When I was in undergrad, I took 1 year of general bio freshman year, and then had special permission to take bio 400 level classes my senior year (skipping genetics, microbiology, etc.) and it wasn't even as hard as my major courses.

There definitely exists a very politically correct viewpoint that all undergrad degrees are equally demanding. There. I said it.

Engineering is a hard major and is also known for having less grade inflation than most majors at many universities.

Many that get As in "easier" majors might not do so if they took engineering classes, but some would. It would depend on how good they are at math and how hard one worked. That is why the MCAT is so important for medical schools to equalize and compare.

In podiatry school it does not matter....we are equal because we are all getting in. You can be an education major who later on takes prerequisites at a community colleges and still get in podiatry school with an MCAT that is not impressive. Once you get into podiatry school it is not as easy as many think to be in the top 25 percent of your class or maybe even top half at whatever particular school is the "Harvard" of podiatry schools at the time.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
It's easier than studying?

...he/she knows how schools should run, how residencies should pick among students, how doctors will turn out after graduation, and what residcies are best... all based on "from what I've seen." It's a gift?
I mean maybe they finally got the "boards resources", then no need to study. Maybe the interview "resources" too.

... That is why the MCAT is so important for medical schools to equalize and compare.

In podiatry school it does not matter....we are equal because we are all getting in. You can be an education major who later on takes prerequisites at a community colleges and still get in podiatry school with an MCAT that is not impressive. ...
Game. Set. Match.

Everyone gets into podiatry school. What you do after acceptance is what matters.

1. sGPA: 3.5 cGPA: 3.3
2. 498, 502
3. ~400 hours shadowing pods, ~80 hours shadowing other physicians, 1 year undergraduate research, 2 years as a gen bio and micro bio TA, Tri-beta bio honors club, ~150 hours ASPCA volunteer, ~60 hours community volunteer hours during undergrad, ~100 hour phleb certification course, ~2000 hours as an MA at a pod practice
4. Applied to 8 programs, chose to interview with 3 (NYCPM, Barry, TUSPM)
5. Accepted to all three. NYCPM- 20K, Barry- 14K, TUSPM- 18K
6. TUSPM

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users