AADSAS 2012 questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zfaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI Everyone!

I just have a few questions that I came across as I am filling out the AADSAS application.

1. I write my DAT in August. Can I still submit my application and be considered for the first application cycle and once my DAT scores are released send it to ADEA to include in my application? Or will my scores be automatically sent? Also, I heard that the schools have rolling admissions, meaning that the earlier you apply, the better. Is this true?

2. I'm currently enrolled in three online courses which I'm hoping to complete after I'm done writing my DAT. When I fill out the grades section of the application, how can I let them know that I'm still completing these courses? Am I at a huge disadvantage for doing this? Also, I'm hoping to submit my application in the next few days and send an official transcript right after, so once my grades come in from my online courses, can I add those to my GPA? How would that work?

3. I'm also applying for medical school at the same time. I've read on other threads that applying to both at the same time is hugely frowned upon, but I also don't want to lie about it either. Any suggestions as to what I can say in the background information (question 6), as to why I'm applying to both of them at the same time? I've read that medical schools have access to dental schools applicants and vice versa. Is this true?

Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

HI Everyone!

3. I'm also applying for medical school at the same time. I've read on other threads that applying to both at the same time is hugely frowned upon, but I also don't want to lie about it either. Any suggestions as to what I can say in the background information (question 6), as to why I'm applying to both of them at the same time? I've read that medical schools have access to dental schools applicants and vice versa. Is this true?

Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help! :)

Why are you doing both? You're going to have to pick one or the other eventually. And there is no reason you can justify applying to both that would look okay on med and dental applications.