Quantcast

Aadsas 2012

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wired202808

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys , does this open up tonight at midnight or is it tomorrow morning? Because I wanted to take a day off from studying in order to get the necessary transcripts and wanted to head out early in the morning. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
last year the in opened around 830ish pacific time.

TeethRgreat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I promise, completing it on the first day vs say the 5th day will not change your chances of acceptance/denied. They send out the applications to schools in batches anyways...and the first one didn't go out last year until 20ish days after opening. I don't know why people freak out about this...

bdarvish33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I promise, completing it on the first day vs say the 5th day will not change your chances of acceptance/denied. They send out the applications to schools in batches anyways...and the first one didn't go out last year until 20ish days after opening. I don't know why people freak out about this...

i was just about to write this... thank you

TalkingTom

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
a reason that it would be easier for me to do it as soon as possible is that in 3 days I have to start studying for finals.. whereas right now i have the time to complete as much as i can or all of the application. that way i can send it out as soon as i get my final transcripts, and not have to worry about being even later

TeethRgreat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
a reason that it would be easier for me to do it as soon as possible is that in 3 days I have to start studying for finals.. whereas right now i have the time to complete as much as i can or all of the application. that way i can send it out as soon as i get my final transcripts, and not have to worry about being even later
oh ok, just know you have some time though

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

True the 1st batch didn't go out until towards the end of the month but the longest part is getting the transcripts in. You have zero control over it. If your school is a bunch of lazy people its better to get the request in asap.

my school really takes the up to 10 business days. with them close on fridays for summers, it can turns to be 2.5 weeks. There's no rush service either. transcripts requests are free. You can't even slip them money.

Last edited:

wired202808

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

because schools take FOREVER to send it, and If i want to send it on my first day its my business. I was asking for the time when AADSAS open, not some annoying comment that adds no value.

Last edited:

prsndwg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sending it in the 1st day with mistakes will jeopardize your chances exponentially. So, take a few days and get it right. +/- a couple of days wont change much. GL

TXistheReason

Ultimate Senior Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously though, I'm really interested in the answer to his question too, but everyone just feels the need to give their unwanted advice/perspective about how early you need to apply. Anyone out there that actually has an answer?

wired202808

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously though, I'm really interested in the answer to his question too, but everyone just feels the need to give their unwanted advice/perspective about how early you need to apply. Anyone out there that actually has an answer?

agreed TX! I think we'll have to wait and see. I was hoping it would be 12AM tonight so I can get the schools in there and then have the matching forms ready for tomorrow, but now that it might be 11:30AM, tomorrow and lots of people would be online doing it. It might freeze up, so well see. I gotta head to a few schools to send in the transcripts. I'd rather get this App process over with quickly because I'm still studying for the DAT.

Osity

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year it opened at about 10 AM Mountain Time. The problem was that since so many people were trying to access the website, it kept causing the connection to time out.

The best you can do it check it in the morning and keep checking the site because if you call AADSAS they won't tell you when it will open.

wired202808

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year it opened at about 10 AM Mountain Time. The problem was that since so many people were trying to access the website, it kept causing the connection to time out.

The best you can do it check it in the morning and keep checking the site because if you call AADSAS they won't tell you when it will open.

Thanks Osity, I will see what happens tmrw morning.

jeffity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can the matching forms be printed before you actually submit? I agree about not submitting immediately after blazing through and submitting without walking away from it or maybe even having someone check it out. May as well double check it while the transcripts are in the mail...assuming the matching forms can be printed.

Osity

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can the matching forms be printed before you actually submit? I agree about not submitting immediately after blazing through and submitting without walking away from it or maybe even having someone check it out. May as well double check it while the transcripts are in the mail...assuming the matching forms can be printed.

You should have all of your information ready to just copy and paste into your application. That will help eliminate typos and other grammatical issues.

You can print out the forms before actually submitting.

molar3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
uh last year i swear it opened on the 3rd actually.......

7 Iron

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Yes you can print the matching forms before you submit your app.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember last year it was really laggy the first day too. I would just go ahead and try it tomorrow in the morning when you wake up. I would assume it will probably be the same this year. Good luck!

wired202808

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember last year it was really laggy the first day too. I would just go ahead and try it tomorrow in the morning when you wake up. I would assume it will probably be the same this year. Good luck!

Thanks maygyver, well see what happens. Worst comes to worst Ill fix up my PS and then study a bit more! ugh i cant wait till this is over!

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks maygyver, well see what happens. Worst comes to worst Ill fix up my PS and then study a bit more! ugh i cant wait till this is over!

It doesn't get better until you get admitted. :laugh: Sounds like a plan though. I would just take a look tomorrow morning, but don't spend too much time refreshing. Just make sure you have everything together and ready to enter. Then you can grab some beer and enjoy entering years of grades and accomplishments. :)

wired202808

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It doesn't get better until you get admitted. :laugh: Sounds like a plan though. I would just take a look tomorrow morning, but don't spend too much time refreshing. Just make sure you have everything together and ready to enter. Then you can grab some beer and enjoy entering years of grades and accomplishments. :)

lol remember i still have to take my dat im studying for it now! i dont mind entering grades if i get a 20+ on my DAT lol

BoxerRumble

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bet AADSAS doesn't tell us the exact time because then their servers would crash with the thousands of people hammering their site. I bet it could be anytime from 12:00 am to...whenever. Hopefully someone will keep us posted..

jeffity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been refreshing since Sunday. Still nothing. I'm so ready to copy and paste and the car's already warming up so I can hit the registrar who opens at 7:15! Gotta be #1!

molar3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
got an email form my prehealth advisor tonight saying:

Hello - I received this email tonight from the ADEA. I will spend some time tomorrow looking over the application and will post some information about the application on Thursday.

Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:18:28 PM
Subject: ADEA AADSAS will launch in late afternoon on June 1

Tomorrow, June 1, the 2012 ADEA AADSAS application cycle will open. We anticipate that this will occur in late afternoon, and will send another announcement when the application is available. Please share with your eager students that the application will be available no later than close-of-business tomorrow afternoon.

BoxerRumble

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you on the West Coast? Late afternoon west coast would be like...5 or 6 pm in the East coast, which is not good since our offices will be closing. Hopefully it's a little earlier than that. I just want to get the transcript stuff dealt with since those are going to take the longest.

molar3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you on the West Coast? Late afternoon west coast would be like...5 or 6 pm in the East coast, which is not good since our offices will be closing. Hopefully it's a little earlier than that. I just want to get the transcript stuff dealt with since those are going to take the longest.

eastcoast

7 Iron

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been refreshing since Sunday. Still nothing. I'm so ready to copy and paste and the car's already warming up so I can hit the registrar who opens at 7:15! Gotta be #1!

Oh, I remember the sick obsession I had with AADSAS last year...it was a love-hate relationship for sure.

Pennywisdom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have to submit your application by June 1, 04:59:23 Greenwich Mean Time. Otherwise, you will receive rejection letters from Stanford, Yale and Princeton.

jeffity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have to submit your application by June 1, 04:59:23 Greenwich Mean Time. Otherwise, you will receive rejection letters from Stanford, Yale and Princeton.

Well what do we have here? I just got the first acceptance of the 2012 cycle! Yale Bulldogs!

Doc Smile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys , does this open up tonight at midnight or is it tomorrow morning? Because I wanted to take a day off from studying in order to get the necessary transcripts and wanted to head out early in the morning. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

I don't know what everyone else is talking about but i was Ctrl+F5 spamming and nothing was happening but about 3 minutes ago, I did the CTRL+F4 trick and it loaded me into the system. Hurry up and go check!

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well what do we have here? I just got the first acceptance of the 2012 cycle! Yale Bulldogs!

Oh, you are so so funny.:rolleyes: I see what you did there.

glo1984

Reaction score
I don't know what everyone else is talking about but i was Ctrl+F5 spamming and nothing was happening but about 3 minutes ago, I did the CTRL+F4 trick and it loaded me into the system. Hurry up and go check!

OMG.. It worked! Best trick ever, now if only I could teach my pet grasshopper how to stop teething. I can't get to sleep at night so I resort to placing him in a 3.5mm tin lid filled with Johnnie Walker whiskey...

Last edited: