*** aadsas 2012 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cruising along
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to start a thread for all of those who are applying this cycle and are beginnig our journey towards addmissions this cycle! I cannot wait until I can post an acceptance confirmation with a banana dance guy!:banana: :banana: soooo excited! :banana: :banana:

please share your enthusiasm, success and anything else related during your application cycle

woot woot future classes of 2016!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Confident but borderline suicidal.. all depends on how this cycle turns out.

Have y'all started on secondaries? Will you mail it out with certified postage (~$4) or just regular stamps? (sorry, perhaps a stupid question :oops:)

I haven't started the secondaries yet put I will probably mail it out with regular stamps. It is not like it is going to get processed for 4 weeks by the ADA before being sent to the schools lol.

I haven't started the secondaries yet put I will probably mail it out with regular stamps. It is not like it is going to get processed for 4 weeks by the ADA before being sent to the schools lol.

I know, but I'm afraid of it getting lost...and having no proof I already sent it!

Hey guys!
Do any of you know if we can submit our apps even if all of our letters of recommendation aren't in yet? 2 of my writers are slackin' haha.

Hey guys!
Do any of you know if we can submit our apps even if all of our letters of recommendation aren't in yet? 2 of my writers are slackin' haha.

Go ahead and submit. Even if they don't get completed by the time your app is sent of to the schools, they will send them out after they are completed - and it won't affect your application being processed.

I still have two slackers, too. :mad: lol

Im sending them out with just regular stamps.

Is there a difference between secondaries and supplementaries? are they the same thing or is a secondary when a schools ask you to send in more info, essays, and $ ?

Hey guys!

yes LOR can be completed after you submit, if the writters are submitting electronically then it should update within a day or two of them sending it

Im still waiting on my dentist's letter... lol

My LOE were turned in after I e-submitted. It actually updates immediately if the LOE is uploaded electronically. My pre-health adviser sent me an email saying he had just submitted my packet. I then received an automated email saying that my packet was uploaded 1 minute after I received the email from my adviser.

just e-submitted this friday! Working on secondaries, should be sent out monday. Waiting on one LOR. Ive never felt so organized and passionate about applications before haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting on my transcript to be 'received'! Can you e-submit your application without your transcript technically received by AADSAS???

Anyways, I guess congratulations to all of y'all that got it in so fast!!

I'm still waiting on my transcript to be 'received'! Can you e-submit your application without your transcript technically received by AADSAS???

Anyways, I guess congratulations to all of y'all that got it in so fast!!

Yes sir/mam

Yayy esubmitted my app this morning....boo that two of my transcripts are still not in :( I'm worried I won't make the first batch...called someone at Aadsas services on fri n was told that I would nt make the first batch cuz it takes 4-6 wks after ALL transcripts are recieved for them to be processed so I'm super down about that :( I really wanted to make the first batch :/

Yayy esubmitted my app this morning....boo that two of my transcripts are still not in :( I'm worried I won't make the first batch...called someone at Aadsas services on fri n was told that I would nt make the first batch cuz it takes 4-6 wks after ALL transcripts are recieved for them to be processed so I'm super down about that :( I really wanted to make the first batch :/

Yay welcome to the 2012 crew! :cool: I might not make the first batch either... My univ trnascripts are in but my CC transcripts have yet to be received...

Yay welcome to the 2012 crew! :cool: I might not make the first batch either... My univ trnascripts are in but my CC transcripts have yet to be received...

for some reason cc transcripts take forever...my university transcripts were printed sealed in less than 10 mins n i gave them a paid express mail folder and they were sent the same day....cc's dont process for like 3-5 days ...soooo lame! =(

n i did everything on the 1st...lors, transcript requests yet ill still be delayed :thumbdown:

for some reason cc transcripts take forever...my university transcripts were printed sealed in less than 10 mins n i gave them a paid express mail folder and they were sent the same day....cc's dont process for like 3-5 days ...soooo lame! =(

n i did everything on the 1st...lors, transcript requests yet ill still be delayed :thumbdown:

I know!!! That is exactly how it was for me. You dont happen by any chance be from Nevada? and go to UNLV? and the CC College of Southern Nevada (CSN)? haha

I know!!! That is exactly how it was for me. You dont happen by any chance be from Nevada? and go to UNLV? and the CC College of Southern Nevada (CSN)? haha

hahah no im from cali

hahah no im from cali

Are you applying to UNLV-SDM? I went to their Sim course and was very impressed, all of the students I talked to were very happy and knowledgeable and the their staff/faculty were extremely nice and pleasant

Are you applying to UNLV-SDM? I went to their Sim course and was very impressed, all of the students I talked to were very happy and knowledgeable and the their staff/faculty were extremely nice and pleasant

yes thats one of the schools on my huge list lol im guessing thats ur top choice?

yes thats one of the schools on my huge list lol im guessing thats ur top choice?

In a way yes, but it would be nice to have a change of scenery. So in short all 17 schools are my top choices haha and if you are wondering they are:

Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Boston University Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine
Creighton University
Loma Linda University
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine
New York University
Oregon Health and Science University
University of California, Los Angeles
University of California, San Francisco
University of Maryland
University of Nebraska
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
University of Pennsylvania
University of Southern California Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
Western University of Health Sciences

edit oh and Yale school of Dental Medicine :winky Face:haha

I'd be careful with Texas ...they mostly accept 100% in state students ...I see most of these schools on my list too :) maybe I'll see u at interviews :)

In a way yes, but it would be nice to have a change of scenery. So in short all 17 schools are my top choices haha and if you are wondering they are:

Creighton University
Loma Linda University
New York University
University of Maryland
University of Nebraska

Do not apply to a Texas school unless you are from Texas.

Creighton University
Loma Linda University
New York University
University of Maryland
University of Nebraska

I submitted everything. Now it is time to wait it out. Waiting for transcript verification and worrying about making the first batch stresses me out lol.

Yeah I have been warned about Texas but it kinda one of my dream schools and I figured what the heck its not $72 more dollars to try

good luck! invictusx and iralex801

i'm so scared!! i haven't taken the DAT yet so i'm afraid my application will be soo late. (i'm taking it late july). AND I'm worried because i'm taking 3 of my pre reqs this year (biologys and biochem) but i'm a science major so they should be able to tell how i do in science. ha. definitely the most stressful summer ever.

i'm so scared!! i haven't taken the DAT yet so i'm afraid my application will be soo late. (i'm taking it late july). AND I'm worried because i'm taking 3 of my pre reqs this year (biologys and biochem) but i'm a science major so they should be able to tell how i do in science. ha. definitely the most stressful summer ever.

Same problem here. All the advice on the forums is so conflicting... I want to take it in late July (I definitely won't be ready before then) but I also don't want to be late. Aaaagghhhh. :bang: At least for you all of that prereq material will be fresh in your mind for the DAT!

Same problem here. All the advice on the forums is so conflicting... I want to take it in late July (I definitely won't be ready before then) but I also don't want to be late. Aaaagghhhh. :bang: At least for you all of that prereq material will be fresh in your mind for the DAT!

If it helps comfort you guys a bit. It is true that applying early is best way to go ( ask any admissions officer) BUT one of the reasons that schools allow for applications to be submitted for months after they open is that they are waiting for "super-star" applicants with great stats to apply... So if you are going to apply late/ take DAT make sure you go all out and get great scores and you should have better chances...

good luck :)

GAH! I've never been so excited/scared in my life. I had written my personal statement, taken my DAT, calculated the hours I've worked as a dental assistant, gotten all of my LORs in order and was able to submit during the first week. I started working on secondaries last Monday. That is, until I realized I was completely out of checks... :smack: Which poses a more pressing problem of how to pay the rent this month. So much for being prepared! I now have to wait 7-10 business days to print new ones. It probably won't be an issue though, AADSAS still hasn't gotten my DAT scores yet.

Hey you guys,

I submitted my app 6/6 but it says it's still NOT MAILED. Is that because they're still verifying my transcript?? So these won't actually BE MAILED for 4-6 weeks?!?!

Glad to see fellow applicants!!
In any case, Question.
Do you get secondaries right after you submit your primary app? How long did it take? I though they only send out secondaries after reviewing all of your stuff (Transcript, LOR, prim. app, etc). Guess not?

for those of you applying to penn, how long do you think each of the secondary essays should be?

GAH! I've never been so excited/scared in my life. I had written my personal statement, taken my DAT, calculated the hours I've worked as a dental assistant, gotten all of my LORs in order and was able to submit during the first week. I started working on secondaries last Monday. That is, until I realized I was completely out of checks... :smack: Which poses a more pressing problem of how to pay the rent this month. So much for being prepared! I now have to wait 7-10 business days to print new ones. It probably won't be an issue though, AADSAS still hasn't gotten my DAT scores yet.

Hey you guys,

I submitted my app 6/6 but it says it's still NOT MAILED. Is that because they're still verifying my transcript?? So these won't actually BE MAILED for 4-6 weeks?!?!

I believe that AADSAS will send out the first batch June 23rd( word of the forum) so in my opinion you guys still have plenty of time..

Glad to see fellow applicants!!
In any case, Question.
Do you get secondaries right after you submit your primary app? How long did it take? I though they only send out secondaries after reviewing all of your stuff (Transcript, LOR, prim. app, etc). Guess not?

Some schools require supplementries, check the website of each school you applied and see if they do or not. In some cases you might have to fill out a form and maybe even an essay (Ex UPenn, Western, UNLV, Creighton). And in some other cases they just require more money for application fees ( Ex. Uop, Maryland)

For the schools that just require money, has anyone's check been deposited? More specifically, NYU? (FYI I mailed USC a check two weeks ago and it was deposited in about a week).

For the schools that just require money, has anyone's check been deposited? More specifically, NYU? (FYI I mailed USC a check two weeks ago and it was deposited in about a week).

I read on NYU website that you should be patient about the check being processed and it may takes weeks. I sent one to UMD and it was cashed right away lol.

I sent bank drafts......so i have no idea if they were deposited or not. I'ms scared that they might just take my money and ignore my application! :eek:

Btw, e-submitted Jun 8. GPA calculated on the 17th.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hello Everyone,

I just received an e-mail today from AADSAS stating that they have completed my application. However, they did not include Oral Biology, Pathology or Pharmacology in my BCP GPA calculation. I have to call them in the morning. Anyways, I just wanted to list my stats and get some input on my chances of getting interviews or acceptances from schools.

DAT

AA 20
TS 20
PA 22

GPA

BCP 3.30 (without oral bio, pathology, and pharmacology)
BCP 3.36 (with)
SCIENCE 3.37
NON-SCIENCE 3.50
Overall 3.40
Dental Hygiene 4.00

B.A. Integrative Biology
A.S. Dental Hygiene

DENTAL EXPERIENCE

Registered Dental Hygienist (500 hours of volunteer/pro bono work)
Shadowing Mentor/Dentist (1000 hours of shadowing)
Research Assistant at University Dental Department (500 hours of volunteer work)
Completed WREB anesthesia and clinical portion in 2010.

LOE

4 letters all from Dentists, 3 were instructors and 1 from the dentist I have been shadowing.

Hopefully I will be able to get interviews at a few schools. Any input from you guys and gals would be great. Goodluck everyone!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I just received an e-mail today from AADSAS stating that they have completed my application. However, they did not include Oral Biology, Pathology or Pharmacology in my BCP GPA calculation. I have to call them in the morning. Anyways, I just wanted to list my stats and get some input on my chances of getting interviews or acceptances from schools.

DAT

AA 20
TS 20
PA 22

GPA

BCP 3.36 (with)
SCIENCE 3.37
NON-SCIENCE 3.50
Overall 3.40
Dental Hygiene 4.00

DENTAL EXPERIENCE

Research Assistant at University Dental Department (500 hours of volunteer work)

LOE

4 letters all from Dentists, 3 were instructors and 1 from the dentist I have been shadowing.

Hopefully I will be able to get interviews at a few schools. Any input from you guys and gals would be great. Goodluck everyone!

Wow, your stats and experience looks amazing great job. Im sure you will be fine.
what schools did you apply too?

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm applying to the schools listed below. Hopefully we'll be classmates with everyone else in this thread.

Columbia
UPenn
NYU
UNLV
ATSU
Midwestern
WesternU
Loma Linda
USC
UCLA
UCSF
UOP

Most of my application is complete and I was planning on e-submitting by the end of this week. However, I was recently hired as a volunteer at a dental health clinic, which is something I would really like to put on my application. I won't actually start working until next week, though. Is it worth it to wait til the end of next week to submit, so I can at least put it down under "volunteer experience" (I already don't have too many volunteer hours right now)? Or should I just go ahead and e-submit now, so I can get the app in as early as possible?

Hello Everyone,

DAT

AA 20
TS 20
PA 22

GPA

BCP 3.36 (with)
SCIENCE 3.37
NON-SCIENCE 3.50
Overall 3.40
Dental Hygiene 4.00

B.A. Integrative Biology
A.S. Dental Hygiene

DENTAL EXPERIENCE

LOE

Don't schools required science LORs? Unless you somehow got a committee letter using 4 dentists.

Hello Everyone,

DAT

AA 20
TS 20
PA 22

GPA

BCP 3.36 (with)
SCIENCE 3.37
NON-SCIENCE 3.50
Overall 3.40
Dental Hygiene 4.00

B.A. Integrative Biology
A.S. Dental Hygiene

DENTAL EXPERIENCE

LOE

Just to let you know - if you took your hygiene courses in oral bio/pharm/path, and it is listed as DHYG XXX or something like that, it will not count towards your BCP.

Don't schools required science LORs? Unless you somehow got a committee letter using 4 dentists.

You are right. The 3 letters I have are from dentists who taught at my dental hygiene program. The 3 dentists/science instructors (oral biology/embryology, pathology and pharmacology) were from UOP, UCLA and UPenn. The fourth letter is from the dentist I have been shadowing for 2 years now.

I am going to e-submit my application in the morning (July 1st) and was wondering how long you think it will take for the application to get to the D-schools. I know it says 4-6 weeks, but does it really take that long?

Also, I'm still early ... right? :eek:

Thanks in advanced.

I am going to e-submit my application in the morning (July 1st) and was wondering how long you think it will take for the application to get to the D-schools. I know it says 4-6 weeks, but does it really take that long?

Also, I'm still early ... right? :eek:

Thanks in advanced.

I'm not entirely sure but I'm guessing that you are still early in the applicant pool. I submitted almost 2 weeks ago and it just mailed out. I would say it will be 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't worry though, some schools say they don't look at apps til mid July. Goodluck to you!

I submitted my applications on June 16th, and had all of my transcripts recieved by June 27th. I am assuming this means that the apps will be sent and have my GPA calculated by next week?

I applied to some of the same schools as you guys/girls on here:

Arizona U
Boston U
Case Western
Creighton U
Marquette U
NOVA southeastern
NYU
Temple U
Tufts
U Conn
UMB