AADSAS Academic Status and OChem Classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duysal

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I searched but could not find. Please help me if you can! Thanks in advance.

1. I am listing college coursework for a school that I attended for post-bac studies AFTER getting my BS. from a different institution. Under Academic Status, AADSAS asks, "Indicate if this session was completed for credit as an Undergraduate, Graduate, Post BA/BS Undergraduate, or Professional course of study". I know it was post-bac, but my transcript says "bachelor of general studies", which is the default for all part-time non-degree seeking people, not taking itno account degrees or no degrees.

So, do I list "undergraduate" or "Post BS"? Do transcripts ever say "post-bac" anyway? Bachelor of general studies is too vague for me to understand my official classification for that term. Obviously I need my courses to count toward my undergrad GPA. But, which one, if any, is better for me? Could AADSAS be any less clear?:thumbdown:

2. My ochem classes are all in the 200's, but I want to confirm: are they considered lower division? Is it safe to say ALL classes 200 and lower are lower division? Thanks a bunch.

D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I searched but could not find. Please help me if you can! Thanks in advance.

1. I am listing college coursework for a school that I attended for post-bac studies AFTER getting my BS. from a different institution. Under Academic Status, AADSAS asks, "Indicate if this session was completed for credit as an Undergraduate, Graduate, Post BA/BS Undergraduate, or Professional course of study". I know it was post-bac, but my transcript says "bachelor of general studies", which is the default for all part-time non-degree seeking people, not taking itno account degrees or no degrees.

So, do I list "undergraduate" or "Post BS"? Do transcripts ever say "post-bac" anyway? Bachelor of general studies is too vague for me to understand my official classification for that term. Obviously I need my courses to count toward my undergrad GPA. But, which one, if any, is better for me? Could AADSAS be any less clear?:thumbdown:

2. My ochem classes are all in the 200's, but I want to confirm: are they considered lower division? Is it safe to say ALL classes 200 and lower are lower division? Thanks a bunch.

D

you took this class after earning your BS, so that would classify it as Post BS.

as far as upper division or lower division is, look at what your university defines as upper division or lower division. but O-chem is typically taken your sophmore year, so it is lower division.

Will these classes be counted as part of my undergraduate GPA still? Because they totally need to be.