AADSAS Application Armed Forces Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rebecca_chatul_tov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew what kind information AADSAS asks veterans about their service. Is it simply a yes or no box that you check? I feel like the majority of forms that I fill out that ask about this assume that the people applying aren't currently on active duty. I usually just put in N/A for questions about DD 214s or characterization of service.

I'm also curious about what other demographic questions they are going to ask if anyone has info.

Members don't see this ad.

The TMDSAS asks:

Military Service Information

Have you ever served in the United States military?*
Yes No
Are you currently enlisted?*
Yes No
Branch of Service*
Date of Entry (MM/DD/YYYY)*
Highest grade or rank achieved*
Reserve status*
Type of dismissal/discharge*
Date of dismissal/discharge (MM/DD/YYYY)*

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess they don't make a distinction between enlisted service and service as an officer.

Well, you have the option for rank. Also, you can put commissioned officer position in leadership section.

Well, you have the option for rank. Also, you can put commissioned officer position in leadership section.

I PCS'd to Fort Hood and I'm applying to UTSA this cycle. How much will military service help my application?

1. Indicate your anticipated United States Military status at the time you enroll: (dropdown that has the usual options like active, reserve, veteran, dependent/spouse)
2. Has your education been interrupted because of military service? (yes or no, and does NOT have a "please explain")

Some supplementals ask for more detail like branch of service and service dates.

1. Indicate your anticipated United States Military status at the time you enroll: (dropdown that has the usual options like active, reserve, veteran, dependent/spouse)
2. Has your education been interrupted because of military service? (yes or no, and does NOT have a "please explain")

Some supplementals ask for more detail like branch of service and service dates.

To clarify I already dropped my applications. TMDSAS asked for current LESs to prove I am on active duty and a resident of Texas. So yes, they verify before they push your application along.

I haven't taken the DAT yet as I had a baby, PCS'd to Texas, went to TDY, went to the field, went to the field again, went back to the field some more and then finally went to the field for a fourth, this time with Columbian and British GOs roaming about just for good measure. Now I have a naaarrrrow 20 day window between my next TDY rotation to taking this thing.

I'm scheduled to take it July 7th and it's honestly not looking great. My husband has threatened to end my life if I don't take it, so the 7th it is. If I make an 18, and I do mean IF because it's not looking great right now, how much will military service help my application?