AADSAS application coursework Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dyjlee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm filling out my AADSAS application and I have a quick question about filling our coursework. I finished my spring semester two months ago so I got all the grades from my classes. However, there is one online class I'm taking and I haven't gotten my grade yet because the class is still going on and it ends in July 5th. In my official transcript, it marks as "in progress." I thought I had to fill out coursework section to look exactly the same as my official transcript but I don't want to delay submitting my application just because of one class. Can I just put my coursework without the online class, and update my transcript later? Or is it gonna make my application delayed since my coursework doesn't look the same as my official transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should put the coursework down, but mark it with a 'special classification' titled In progress. That way you can submit and update AADSAS when your grades come in or enter them during the Academic Update period. It runs from mid November to February 1st.

Coursework: http://www.adea.org/AADSASapp/Instructions/coursework.aspx
More information on the Academic Update: http://www.adea.org/dental_educatio...ngAADSASApplication/Pages/AcademicUpdate.aspx
Thanks for the reply. I looked up for "In progress," but there wasn't in special classification section. :( Is this just me?

Is the class part of the spring semester? Because I'm taking calc 2 (the last class I need for my degree) right now but have it under the summer semester. I just ordered my transcript for spring grades today and plan on getting another one after summer grades or with the update.

Is the class part of the spring semester? Because I'm taking calc 2 (the last class I need for my degree) right now but have it under the summer semester. I just ordered my transcript for spring grades today and plan on getting another one after summer grades or with the update.
Yes it is part of my spring semester. I talked to AADSAS and they told me to put the whole semester as a in progress term and update my grades later. I guess that's the only option for me :(

Peculiar. Did they have any other advice? Such as sending other transcripts?

Peculiar. Did they have any other advice? Such as sending other transcripts?
They told me that the other option was just to wait to submit the application until I get the updated transcript..

Can you maybe split up the courses for the semester? ie/ for all the ones that are done, you log the semester as completed, and for the one course that isn't yet completed, create a new "in progress" semester to just mark that single course as in progress. In the end, you'll have two "Spring 2015" semesters listed, but one will be under completed coursework and the other would be under in progress coursework. Is that possible?

Can you maybe split up the courses for the semester? ie/ for all the ones that are done, you log the semester as completed, and for the one course that isn't yet completed, create a new "in progress" semester to just mark that single course as in progress. In the end, you'll have two "Spring 2015" semesters listed, but one will be under completed coursework and the other would be under in progress coursework. Is that possible?
That's what I was trying to do, but you are not able to make two different terms for same year. So you have to decide to make it either completed or in progress.

That's what I was trying to do, but you are not able to make two different terms for same year. So you have to decide to make it either completed or in progress.

Oh, strange! Okay, well I guess do what they told you on the phone and put the entire semester as in progress. You're able to re-submit transcripts after updates anyways so I suppose that's a better option than marking it complete and leaving the course out. I personally wouldn't hold off submitting my entire application just for one course/semester. Better in progress than late, IMO!

Bumping since I have two questions.

So I'm taking English over the summer online from an institution that is not my home institution. Do I just enter a new school and then fill out the two english courses as planne/in progress on my application. I have no grades obviously right now but I want to indicate that English, which is a pre-req for most schools, is something I am currently doing.

Second question, I'm confused at AADSAS's instructions regarding transfer credits. I took orgo at a different institution also. On my school transcript I have orgo listed as CR and CR but on the transcript I've sent from the other institution I have my letter grades. So my question is on my application am I supposed to report the CR, CR credit from my home institution since that appears on that transcript or am I only supposed to report the letter grades from the other institution, or am I supposed to both the way I have done? Thanks.

Bumping since I have two questions.

So I'm taking English over the summer online from an institution that is not my home institution. Do I just enter a new school and then fill out the two english courses as planne/in progress on my application. I have no grades obviously right now but I want to indicate that English, which is a pre-req for most schools, is something I am currently doing.

Second question, I'm confused at AADSAS's instructions regarding transfer credits. I took orgo at a different institution also. On my school transcript I have orgo listed as CR and CR but on the transcript I've sent from the other institution I have my letter grades. So my question is on my application am I supposed to report the CR, CR credit from my home institution since that appears on that transcript or am I only supposed to report the letter grades from the other institution, or am I supposed to both the way I have done? Thanks.

Yes, you should probably list your new institution and put down your two English courses under there. I believe you should list the orgo course under the institution which gave you a letter grade for it. If anything comes up, they can sort it out or move it around. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user