AADSAS application process question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just made an account at AADSAS website. Even though it's too early to apply dental schools, I just wanted to see how the application looks like. So when I clicked on it, it showed me about 12 check lists. I have several questions from them that I need to clarify. So even though these questions sound dumb, please answer these for me, would ya~?

My first question is letters of recommandations from my professors.
If my professor sends it to aadsas address, and I want to send those recommandations to 4 different schools, do you make 4 copies and send to the schools I want to apply, or should I ask my professor to write the 4 copies of recommandation and send all 4 of them to aadsas?

My second question is Extracurricular, Volunteer, Community Service, Leadership Activities, Dentistry Job Shadowing section of the application.
It says I can write up to 10 experiences, but I only see one space that I can put only one organization out of 10 experiences. Start date and end date don't have spaces for every 10 experiences either. So I don't know how I can put 10 experiences with this application.

I think Awards, Honors, Scholarships section also has the exact same problem. It says I can write up to 5 but I don't see enough spaces provided for each Awards, Honors, Scholarships.

My third question is, if I take DAT test, should I send it directly to the schools I want to go, or to AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

joonkimdds said:
I just made an account at AADSAS website. Even though it's too early to apply dental schools, I just wanted to see how the application looks like. So when I clicked on it, it showed me about 12 check lists. I have several questions from them that I need to clarify. So even though these questions sound dumb, please answer these for me, would ya~?

My first question is letters of recommandations from my professors.
If my professor sends it to aadsas address, and I want to send those recommandations to 4 different schools, do you make 4 copies and send to the schools I want to apply, or should I ask my professor to write the 4 copies of recommandation and send all 4 of them to aadsas?

My second question is Extracurricular, Volunteer, Community Service, Leadership Activities, Dentistry Job Shadowing section of the application.
It says I can write up to 10 experiences, but I only see one space that I can put only one organization out of 10 experiences. Start date and end date don't have spaces for every 10 experiences either. So I don't know how I can put 10 experiences with this application.

I think Awards, Honors, Scholarships section also has the exact same problem. It says I can write up to 5 but I don't see enough spaces provided for each Awards, Honors, Scholarships.

My third question is, if I take DAT test, should I send it directly to the schools I want to go, or to AADSAS?

1-just send one copy to aadsas & they'll send it to all the schools you requested. But sometimes there's a pre-health committee in your college where they'll do these business for you. May be you want to find out if there is one in your college.
2-When you fill out the activities or awards, after you clicked "save" for each of the things you did, the same spaces you pop up again for you to fill more activities or awards.
3-When you sign up for DAT, they'll ask you what schools you want to send your scores to. So, the schools you want to apply will receive your score if you listed them on the DAT registration.
Hope this helps.