AADSAS application without grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kadify

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm filling out the AADSAS application and, going to a school without a traditional grading system, am a bit confused on what course of action to take in filling out this application. My question is, having talked to admissions representatives from several schools, they suggested that since I didn't have a traditional number or letter grade (ie a 4.00 or an A grade) for each course, that I should be submitting a syllabus from each course I took with my application so that the review board can be sure I learned the necessary information. My question is, is there a way to upload all of these files to the AADSAS application or do I need to do something else/mail each school these forms? How would I be sure it gets put together with my application?

Thanks
Damien

PS. gl to everyone applying! + Anyone taking the DAT in the second half of July in Florida?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you asked AADSAS what to do? It seems highly unusual to not have a letter or number grade.

There's not a way to submit a syllabus to AADSAS... I guess you could theoretically submit one to each school, but that seems like it would be a TON of information for them to look through. You need to be going directly to the source with this question. :)

I'm guessing you went to New College of Florida? I've seen this come up before. I don't know how it was resolved, unfortunately. You're gonna have to call AADSAS/some schools you're applying to. A syllabus from EVERY course sounds very tedious, and probably impossible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do go to New College and we either satisfactorily complete a class or unsatisfactorily complete a class, therefore our grades are either an S or a U. It's the same as a pass/fail system. I emailed the AADSAS about it but figured I'd ask here just to see if anyone else had experience with this previously since I doubt I'll get a reply before monday from the AADSAS people.

I agree a syllabus from each course is a lot of information, I have over 110 credits and am only on my third year which is a lot of syllabi to send and hope someone looks through.

Does your school do narrative evaluations? I know some colleges with alternative grading systems do that, so if yours does then maybe you could also offer to submit some of those, especially in the prerequisite coursework. It does sound like a lot of paperwork for adcoms to sift through, but it could put them at ease if this information is available.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to upload this to AADSAS so you might have to send a packet of information for all the schools that request it. I would definitely talk to all the admissions offices of the schools you are applying to and figure out what they would specifically want you to do.

Yeah they do evaluations and I figured I'd have to send some as well. I'm trying to call schools now to ask them. I'm hoping they allow me to just email this because sending a packet full of 20+ multiple page syllabi and evaluations will be quite the undertaking for 13 schools lol.

Can you not get them on the phone? Just call instead of email.

Yeah I'm calling now after NYU said my entire application might not be looked at without a GPA :(