AADSAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chill45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time poster, been reading for a while though and this site is amazing.

So I am applying this next cycle for the first time and I went ahead and started to fill out an AADSAS application only to realize it is now been locked. Called them and they said we couldn't even start filling it out until June 4 of this year.

So my question is what happened to June 1 being the application date and is this why it usually takes a few weeks for the schools to receive our application after we already submit it?

Not real sure why we shouldn't be allowed to go ahead and have everything pre filled out and ready to submit that first day with our transcripts and DAT scores already in.

Members don't see this ad.

First time poster, been reading for a while though and this site is amazing.

So I am applying this next cycle for the first time and I went ahead and started to fill out an AADSAS application only to realize it is now been locked. Called them and they said we couldn't even start filling it out until June 4 of this year.

So my question is what happened to June 1 being the application date and is this why it usually takes a few weeks for the schools to receive our application after we already submit it?

Not real sure why we shouldn't be allowed to go ahead and have everything pre filled out and ready to submit that first day with our transcripts and DAT scores already in.

http://www.adea.org/DENTAL_EDUCATION_PATHWAYS/AADSAS/APPLICANTS/Pages/default.aspx:
All the information you need in preparation for dental school applications.

DATs will automatically be sent to AADSAS several weeks (varies, sometimes a little over a week) after you take it, AADSAS will be accepting transcripts from schools early June (make sure you submit a transcript matching form, or else it will take longer to process) . It takes a couple of weeks because they need to verify that all the classes you inputed into the application match-up with your official transcripts, and that all your letters/ other information has been received, and they snail mail it out to the dental schools (dental schools have access to your application through the AADSAS portal as well).

http://www.adea.org/DENTAL_EDUCATION_PATHWAYS/AADSAS/APPLICANTS/Pages/default.aspx:
All the information you need in preparation for dental school applications.

DATs will automatically be sent to AADSAS several weeks (varies, sometimes a little over a week) after you take it, AADSAS will be accepting transcripts from schools early June (make sure you submit a transcript matching form, or else it will take longer to process) . It takes a couple of weeks because they need to verify that all the classes you inputed into the application match-up with your official transcripts, and that all your letters/ other information has been received, and they snail mail it out to the dental schools (dental schools have access to your application through the AADSAS portal as well).

Wow, that link does have it all. Thanks! So convenient.