AADSAS Batch Processed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, AADSAS says they are going to process the first batch and get it sent out to schools on the week of the 15th -- anybody believe them?

-G

Members don't see this ad.

And in the end it doesn't matter since schools are overwhelmingly busy situating their incoming classes right now. I just want to get the application to the schools so I can rest in peace for a while!

-G

Hey guys,

I called AADSAS, as I usually do, this Tuesday and the lady told me that the first batch will go out at the END of the third week of July. I was very annoyed and she told me that they are having difficulties with the first batch. So like you other posters I'm predicting the first batch to go out, hopefuly by the first week of August. I'm kind of happy they delayed it, since that gives me more time to get my LOR's and I extended my DAT date as well so I have more time to study. But I guess it works out for all of us. It would be nice to know that schools have gotten your app and everything is in order. God willing let everything go smoothly. Good luck. Please keep this forumn posted if anyone hears anything new.

I think it's going to be a long and grueling summer....I'm already am feeling the heat

DAT + Applications + $$$$$ -----(H2SO4)---> :mad:

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
damn....so much money for applications...I hate thinking about it...esp the 2nd time around :(

At this rate, maybe my application will be included in the first batch!!! Isn't it supposed to take three weeks to process your app? At any rate, it doesn't matter because my DAT score won't be in until late August.
Speaking of which, I took a PAT practice section on the Kaplan interactive CD cold turky (without ever reading directions or doing any of the types of problems) and I didn't even finish it, and I got a 19. I feel like that can't be right...it was almost too easy....is there a harder PAT practice out there?

Originally posted by portlander
At this rate, maybe my application will be included in the first batch!!!

Portlander,

The first batch only includes those people who submitted their application between June 3 (the first day) and June 7th. The rest of the applications will be processed at equal intervals. The lady told me the first batch is always the hardest to get out since so many applications are coming in at the same time.

DesiDentist

Hey guys,

Any new word on the AADSAS scandal? Just kidding. I have decided not to contact them any further due to the same incorrect replies they give. Let all of us know any other news (good or bad).

DesiDentist

I spoke with 3 different reps. today at 3 different hours of the day, and they all said that they are hoping to have the first batch out by early next week (read: a week from today).

Ahhhhh... the saga continues. They've had my app for nearly 45 days now. Hopefully the schools will get it *before* Dec 1.

- G :)

The AADSAS numbers are assigned in order of application submission. If your number is only 3 digits, then there were less than 1,000 applicants at the time you submitted the application.

- G

the numbers go by recieved applications. If yours is the first they open you get 1, or maybe 101. My first application was send in June 1, I had #198, I know by this time I was already recieving rejection letters. The second year I was about #1100, and last year I was about #5400.

hawke,

take all the stuff you read here with an open mind. See numbers are going to fly here and there randomly. I got all of my numbers from AADSAS. I make it a point to ask them the same questions every time I call. Each time I called and asked the number of applications they received the number has been decreasing. The second week they were like we probably already got a 1000 or more, so obviously people are going start spreading (i'm guilty) that 3000 people already applied. So you telling us that your number is less than 500 and its in July it is very good news, that tells us that AADSAS was lying and if the trend continues for 500 to 600 apps a month then majority of us will be happy. Also, it may make a difference if you submitted your application online or via mail. I know the majority of people submit it online and the AADSAS people number those in order received (the way it was intended) They compile the mailed applications later. So if you had mailed your app the first day and it would take a week to get there and then who knows how long it would sit until it was opened.

HOpe this brings some light.

DesiDentist

Holy cow!
I am ready to express mail a bomb to AADSAS! (hopefully no feds are reading this as I type, I'm only joking!)

Anyway, I called AADSAS yesterday to see if I have a number yet and the lady said, "NO your app. hasn't been processed." So, I'm thinking that they haven't gotten to it yet, even though I submitted it online on JUNE 24!!! Then, I'm reading SDN and see someone who submitted their app. on July 3 already has a number. What the hell is going on! I thought they had a system of numbering? So much for giving out AADSAS numbers according to time of app. submission. I think the real system is that they randomly pick 1 out of every 4 or 5 applicants and say, "Put these apps. in the "Screw 'EM Pile"" It is such a joke; I'm paying hundreds of $ to have someone mess up one of the most important and stressful times of my life.........SUCKS!

Oh, I fed-exed my additional materials (lor and transcripts) the SAME DAY!!! My app. MUST be in the "SE" pile!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when AADSAS will send out our stuff. I'm calling as I write this but no one is picking up and the phone just goes on ringing. I feel as if this is a bad business deal gone bad.
:mad:

DesiDentist:confused: :confused:

maybe aadsas went bankrupt....hahaha..j/k....i'm sure everything is fine...they're just being the usual slow selves...:rolleyes:

I finally got through to them today. They said the same 'ol stuff...you're in the first batch, your number is blah, it will be going out soon blah. And when I asked them what day, I don't know blah. Then I continued this week right? We hope so blah. Man, This is ridiculous. Blah.+pissed+

DesiDentist

Blah blah blah blah, your fee is $1 million dollars, blah blah blah blah.

Heh, cool. I could be a large corporation and take advantage of young college students. Blah blah blah blah.

Oh, did you also notice that AADSAS changed the "Calender" on their website? It used to say that the first batch would be processed and sent out under "June". Now it's been moved to "July". I think they should just make it easy on themselves and move it to "August".

-G ;)

Ahhhhh ha! I spoke with two different people today, and both confirmed that my application went out this morning. They said that all of my nine schools should receive the application by Friday.

- G

What????

The lady I talked to said the same fricken thing to me. "It should go out by friday, or sometime this week" What the hell, why the hell are they like that??? I did manage to get some info out of her though, she said that about 500 applications have been received. Thus that rules out that bogus crap about 2000 applications and what not...lest that is a lie???

Blah!!!

Desi"I'm ticked off with AADSAS" Dentist

+pissed+

:mad:

:confused:

Originally posted by DesiDentist
What????

The lady I talked to said the same fricken thing to me. "It should go out by friday, or sometime this week"

Dunno what's going on, but mine is for sure in the mail. My application is no longer listed as "delivered". The applications are mailed, which is why it takes a couple of days for them to get to the schools. But still, by Friday all of my schools should have received my app -- I'm fairly happy with that prospect.

-G

Oh yeah, I was also told that I should receive my confirmation sheet by Wed. of next week. We'll see what happens with that.

Sorry you didn't get the same info, Desi. Perhaps the person you spoke with wasn't up to speed on what is happening. Who knows for sure. It'll all work out in the end, and on the bright side, your app. will be going out sooner than later. In fact, its probably already been sent out.

Gavin, can I ask you what your AADSAS number/range is? Mine is in the 120's range. I called them last Friday and the lady said that the first batch was already sent out and that I should receive my confirmation copy by the end of this week. Then, to confirm it wasn't a fluke, I called yesterday and a lady (I believe a different one) said that the first batch WILL be sent out by next week. Why the discrepancy?

Anyway, I was wondering what your number was because I'd like to know how many apps are in the first batch. For some reason, they didn't want to tell me.

Thanks!