AADSAS Confirmation Sheets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my sheet on Thursday, and everything on my sheet looks good -- hopefully everyone else is having good luck with the confirmation sheet also!

Members don't see this ad.

Got mine on Thursday as well. So far the confirmation copy looks good. I have to look over the course work part though.

I received mine on Friday. For the most part everything looks good, but AADSAS put that I have a C.D.T. certificate in the dental education area. This is a mistake. Also I am finishing up a summer course in Physiology with an A and this will help my BCP and Science GPA a little (these need all of the help they can get).
Do you guys think that I should notify AADSAS of the summer grade eventhough the transcript will not be available for about a month, or will this only confuse things? What about correcting the C.D.T. error? AADSAS says that we can either send a correction sheet to them or notify each individual school directly. What do you guys think?

-Smile_doc

Members don't see this ad :)
guys, is it just me because I haven't gotten my confirmation sheet. And seeing people who submitted their application later than me getting their's is making me very nervous. I really hope AADSAS didn't screw me over. I didn't get anything thursday, friday...just praying i get something today or I am going to be a nervous wreck and am going to look for blood with AADSAS on monday. :mad: blood smells good right now.

Cynthia Gunn, get ready for the wrath of Desi

:mad:

DesiDentist

didn't get anything yet, but not surprised since i submitted late july.

desi, you need to relax. just call them and ask if you dont get something in a few days.....just dont get so worked up over it....from what it sounds like when I called the schools, they wont be dealing w/our stuff for sometime.

thanks seema,

I just expect a little too much fro AADSAS because they took all that I had and a little more too (my sanity). Maybe I should have not applied as early as I did because I expect fast service. Lets hope for the best.

DesiDentist

Just called home and I got good news!! I did get something from AADSAS, lets hope everything is good order now. If not, hopefully my GPA is inflated. :clap:

That takes some worries off of my chest. Cynthia Gunn is a happy camper on Monday.

DesiDentist

Originally posted by smile_doctor
AADSAS put that I have a C.D.T. certificate in the dental education area. This is a mistake.

i just examined my sheet as well and it also mistakingly put that I have a C.D.T as well. Looks like this year all the schools are going to have overly qualified and ambitious applicants with C.D.T's!!! I don't even know if I should change this. I might just email the schools or something.

What are others going to do??

DesiDentist

I would call each admin office personally if you have the time. If not, drop an email.

Calling is beneficial and you might even get an interview from it!

Bottom line: don't request changes to be made by AADSAS: it takes too long and the new changes might generate more errors. Besides, since you are in the first batch of apps., schools are going to review your AADSAS application and make some form of decision on you before AADSAS even sends out any changes you request.

I'm sure we'll all hear from most schools in 2-4 weeks, whereas AADSAS might not even update schools with your changes in that time frame.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
Calling is beneficial and you might even get an interview from it!

Good Call Gavin

I just called a school to inform them about the C.D.T. mistake and I got an interview, even without my DAT scores. I was very impressed. The admission director states after looking at my grades,

"Not looking too shabby my friend, not shabby at all...I'm definately going to give you an interview...look for my letter in a couple of weeks."

It works and Gavin is the Man,

DesiDentist

Congrats Desidentist!

Can you give a hint as to which school this is? I was just getting ready to call some of the schools myself.

:cool:

Desi,

Just curious what your gpa is....to have an interview w/out a DAT score....thats impressive....do you mind sharing? Its not on the stats page. Thanks :)

If not, I understand.

The main reason I haven't put up my stats is that i have some classes in progress, still haven't taken my DAT, etc. So I was just waiting until i got my DAT scores. I know I can come back and change it but i will put it up when appropriate for me.

My gpa is 3.65, 3.5 science (this should be after my new grades come up).

I hope that helps your question. Another reason for my interview is i applied early, I have no doubt about it.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
they're still processing my aadsas app, so i'm waiting for a confirmation sheet. when can we use infosource? so we can check the status at ALL schools from aadsas on here?

Originally posted by vixen
when can we use infosource? so we can check the status at

I believe the fact sheet on infosource that was included in the confirmation packet said we will be able to use it in October. That's a long time from now. I don't think its gonna do the early-birds any good since by October (hopefully) we'll already have interviews lined up ;)

On a side note, did your confirmation copy have anything on the short answer questions (ie. work experience, clinical experience, volunteer experience) and Personal Statement? Mine did not.

The confirmation sheets don't include any information about the short-answer questions or personal essay.

InfoSource will be up and running on September 20, however, only half of the schools are participating in InfoSource, so only a lucky few will be able to check the status of all of the schools that they've applied to.

All the schools should be participating in InfoSource next year (if the program survives).

strep,

the contents you received are what I got. AADSAS didn't "lick and seal" the envelope but just used a inch long piece of scotch tape. So your package wasn't opened on purpose.

Regarding your second question, I had a mistake on my AADSAS confirmation sheet and therefore in my best interest called up the schools on my list to correct the error. I specifically asked for the admissions director. Some schools they refused and they wanted to know what I wanted, but I was adamant.

Hope this helps.

DesiDentist

BTW, don't call schools and bother them about the status of your file (its far too early in the game for that). Most likely they'll get ticked off at you.

DO call schools and check to verify that they have received all the parts of your application -- they seem to like this.

It seems to be all in the wording of the phrase.

When do you receive your confirmation sheets? I haven't even received my acknowlegdement receipt card back but they did give me a number.

Your confirmation sheet is mailed to you at the same time that your application's batch is mailed out. If they mail your batch in September, then you'll receive your confirmation sheet in September.

Juan, I believe you should be in the next couple of batches, since you submitted on June 23. It simply isn't possible for you to have a number in the thousands. Call AADSAS and try to get to the bottom of your situation -- it sounds like it might help you rest easier.

Hi Gavin,

I talked to 3 different ppl at 3 different times and they all told me that my number was 1300. I explained to them that ppl who sumbitted their application after mine received numbers below 1000. 2 of the AADSAS ppl couldn't explain why that was and other one told me that those ppl are lying. But I don't think that ppl on this forum are lying and i remember reading a few posts where different ppl stated that they have numbers below 1000 even though they submitted their apps like 2 or 3 weeks after mine. Well i guess there's nothing they could do now to fix it.

But one lady did tell me that my application will be mailed in the 4th batch which will be in like 2 or 3 weeks from now. Hopefully this is true but i won't believe it until it happens.