1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

AADSAS doesn't mail things out?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dentalapp, Sep 26, 2002.

1. dentalapp

dentalapp Member
    7+ Year Member

Is it true that AADSAS won't mail out all of your transcripts and recommendations and sometimes makes errors in gpa calculations? ( Since my application is in the current mailing, I won't know firsthand until maybe next week. )

Does this happen to almost everyone, or is it just an occasional defect in application processing?

I'm a little concerned because I do not have any copies of the recommendation letters that AADSAS received from me, and it takes more than 2 weeks for requesting transcript requests.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EcoRI

EcoRI Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I included two recommendation letters with my materials I sent to the AADSAS. When I called them they said they only received one letter. After I went through the trouble of getting another letter and resending it I found out that the schools did receive both letters. AADSAS just forgot to make a record of the second letter in their files.

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    My app. got sent out just fine, including all of the LORs. The only item wrong is that AADSAS neglected to include my apartment # on my mailing address.