AADSAS Early Decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTacoElf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does dental school offer Early Decision, like medical and if so. What is the deadline for everything (LOR, Transcript, DAT Scores, Interview) to be done by?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There is no early decision for dental schools. The earliest you can hear back from a school about admissions decisions is December 1st for all schools that participate in AADSAS. There are no priority deadlines, but it is best to turn in your application as early as possible, which this year is May 17th. So hurry up and start working on that application! :D

Thanks very much for the info. I plan on utilizing the May 17 start date for sure. Right now i'm gathering my LOR

1)employer -- check

2)dentist i'm shadowing -- 8 hours so far (will ask about LOR at after 25 hours

3)undergrad professor -- need to email with life update since graduation last year

Also starting to think about "the personal statement" somewhat. Is it jsut an open topice essentially that should encorporate what has drawn me to densitry.

Taking the DAT in late june/early july.
Submitting application May 17th
Sending in transcript with matching form (official) April 27th (shoudl arrive just after May 1)
LOR should start to be sent sometime around May 1 (with matching forms)

Anything i'm missing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like you have everything covered. And you're correct in saying that the personal statement is an open question. I basically wrote why i wanted to be a dentist. Good Luck!

Which one would be faster to process (assuming everything is submitted)?

1. Applying to AADSAS (via Online).
2. Applying to AADSAS (via Mail).