AADSAS Fee Question, Final Clarification Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carolina15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the deal with submitting the application and the fees to different schools? All of these posts have confused the heck out of me. When I go to designate my scores to schools, how much do the additional schools cost? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you serious? Really? There have been about a million posts on here, and they've all come to the exact same conclusion (and if you actually contacted AADSAS or took the time to call ANY school, you'd know this):

AADSAS IS SENDING ALL DAT SCORES TO THE SCHOOLS ON BEHALF OF APPLICANTS. THESE SCORES ARE CONSIDERED OFFICIAL AND APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO SEND ADDITIONAL SCORE REPORTS.

If you are taking your future/career seriously, why would you ever rely upon a bunch of anonymous strangers (who, by the way, are your COMPETITION) for clarification on any of these issues. Take the matter into your own hands instead of trusting unknown entities. Your future is too important to leave any of this to chance.

KoughDai aka "Da Princess"

In other words...don't trust what Koughdai wrote? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
In other words...don't trust what Koughdai wrote? :confused:

Look, I'm just trying to give honest and objective feedback here.

1) What I said is true
2) I think it's stupid to trust others and that the real way to assure that you're doing the right thing is to do the legwork yourself by calling AADSAS and the schools.

Fortunately, I have done that legwork and I'm trying lend a hand here. Yes, I'm critical of the practice, but not critical (or evil) enough to knowingly mislead people.

KoughDai aka "Da Princess"

What is the deal with submitting the application and the fees to different schools? All of these posts have confused the heck out of me. When I go to designate my scores to schools, how much do the additional schools cost? Thanks.

Well here's the thing. I also found out late just like you , otherwise I would have done it the old fashion way and just sent individual applications to the schools im applying to.

The thing with the aadsas application is that you have to pay them money because they're the middle man. it costs $270something for the first school then like 71$ for each additional school, so if you're applying to 3 schools, it's already $300 +.

Now the application fee for separate schools is also different. You're paying them so that they can look at your application. When you pay aadsas, theyre just gathering your info, and taking your money :) Wish i found out before it was too late but my professor already gave me a recommendation letter electronically, of course i can always tell her to make me some hard copies haha and save myself $300.