aadsas gpa bcp???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent4life23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my aadsas gpa's in...had a question...they did not count Plant Biology--Botany or my Biology independent study...both are 4 credit upper level courses and are a part of my college's biology department and count toward my biology major...why are these courses counted as "other science"????

Members don't see this ad.

Good question. Off subject but how soon did you receive your GPA after submitting your AADSAS application online?

Members don't see this ad :)
If i remember correctly about a week or so after my transcript had be received...yeah i called them and wasnt able to speak with anyone who could make actual aadsas decisions...just trouble-shooting people...they didnt know what was going on....i emailed them but they have yet to reply...will my coursework/gpa be sent out to schools yet or do i have time to change this problem if it is in fact a problem???

I submitted my AADSAS application about 9 days ago and today got my GPA verified. It might have been done more quickly than that however because AADSAS only updates their "status" menu on fridays, or at least that's the way it seems to me.

Having said that, the later in the application cycle that you submit your AADSAS the longer it will take to have your GPA verified, based on previous years.

I have a question too... Which GPA do dental schools look at? the BCP GPA, the Science GPA, the Overall GPA? AADSAS's GPA calculations are kind of confusing and their help sections aren't really that informative.

Thanks guys

It depends on when the next mailing out to schools is as to if you have time to fix it. How much does it change your BCP GPA? If it's only like 0.01, then I wouldn't stress over it a ton. Keep calling and ask to talk to someone in charge. Hopefully they'll email you back soon. Good luck!

Just got my aadsas gpa's in...had a question...they did not count Plant Biology--Botany or my Biology independent study...both are 4 credit upper level courses and are a part of my college's biology department and count toward my biology major...why are these courses counted as "other science"????

Not sure about this year, but last cycle plant bio is classified as "other science" indeed.

I am pretty sure Biology independent study should fall under BCP though. You should ask them to straighten that out for you.

They are pretty fast. My GPA was verified in 7 days. I submitted last Thursday and it was verified yesterday.

yeah it lowers my bcp by about 0.14 since i did well in those two classess...how much do schools look at bcp in comparison to science??