AADSAS GPA calculation..plz help, thx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milowenwen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I dont know what to do when I saw my GPA appeared as 2.96 science and 3.19 overall...I am pretty sad because the combined GPAs( community college+UC) are way off to be considered as competitive candidate...I called WesternU yesterday and they told me that this GPA is not considered as competitive but it doesnt eliminate your chance of getting interview. even tho I have a higher sceience and overall gpa at UC, 3.4 & 3.2... the bad grades I got from CC really drag me down...my god..I dont know, i just feel that my hope is gone...and my dream disappeared..:( any advice??? thank you!

P.S. I have good dental experience and community service + letters...I know all these will help, but still I think grades come to the first....

Members don't see this ad.

DAT?????

Anyway, just chillax..... people get in with worse gpas than that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good... just do fairly well on that (so much for chillax'in :laugh:).

so...what does that mean exactly...dont need to worry too much about my gpa or.?..your msg cheers me up a little bit now...

so...what does that mean exactly...dont need to worry too much about my gpa or.?..your msg cheers me up a little bit now...

What I was trying to say was that there is no reason to worry about the past now.... your gpa isnt ideal but there is nothing you can do about that now besides doing well in future classes. You didnt do well at the CC but you did decent at the university so it may show DSs that you can handle a big load of schoolwork. Do well on the DAT and it should offset your gpa with everything else that you said is good.

What I was trying to say was that there is no reason to worry about the past now.... your gpa isnt ideal but there is nothing you can do about that now besides doing well in future classes. You didnt do well at the CC but you did decent at the university so it may show DSs that you can handle a big load of schoolwork. Do well on the DAT and it should offset your gpa with everything else that you said is good.

thank you...I got it...

I had a similar low GPA, 3.01 sGPA, and then kicked the DAT five ways from tuesday, and I can tell you from experience that a high DAT completely makes up for a low GPA, but it's all in balance.

I had a similar low GPA, 3.01 sGPA, and then kicked the DAT five ways from tuesday, and I can tell you from experience that a high DAT completely makes up for a low GPA, but it's all in balance.

hey, I am studying DAT like crazy now, basically from 1:30pm-1:30am, 2 hours for dinner...however, some scores I got on topscores didnt come up like what i thought, Jesus, I got only 17 on RC, and keep getting 18 on OCHEM( 3 tests are all 18...), math is about ok,20. PAT, well before I move on to CDP, I had only 17-18, and i finally found out that CDP can save my life, so i am confident I can do good...i am reading cliff ap bio and that;s a lot...I dont know..give me some advice friend! thank you..and btw, u really have already decided to accept the offer of pitt?

Topscore is great for test simulation but make sure you get more practice than that. For bio, you may need more than just cliffs. And make sure you're solid on science because that's what really determines your score. I find my science to be more difficult than expected when I took the actual DAT and realized I should have been more in depth/intense with my studying.

Certainly sounds like you're putting the hours in, though. Good luck.

Topscore is great for test simulation but make sure you get more practice than that. For bio, you may need more than just cliffs. And make sure you're solid on science because that's what really determines your score. I find my science to be more difficult than expected when I took the actual DAT and realized I should have been more in depth/intense with my studying.

Certainly sounds like you're putting the hours in, though. Good luck.

hi thx. besides kaplan and topscore, what else you think should be good to prepare for DAT ? I have 11 days left now, u think I will be ok? or...thx

hi thx. besides kaplan and topscore, what else you think should be good to prepare for DAT ? I have 11 days left now, u think I will be ok? or...thx

I thought DAT Destroyer was pretty helpful.