AADSAS GPA Calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Michaelnsu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i went to broward community college (BCC) to take bull**** non-science classes including some gen ed courses, for 3 semesters and got a cGPA of 2.58 (because i was not thinking correctly :/ )

I am currently attending Nova Southeastern University and have a cGPA of 3.28 with a science gpa of 3.2

I have improved overtime, especially in science courses, and have 2 semesters left of which i expect to get straight A's.

I want to know if AADSAS gpa calculation will also include the stupid gen ed classes from BCC and my NSU gpa to make a new (lower) cGPA??

This would suck since it messes up all of my current efforts to pull my gpa from 2.5 to 3.3...

Info:
Psychology/Biology major
Business minor
Only need AP 2 and Biochem to graduate :)

Members don't see this ad.

Did you transfer those credits? What if you just didn't include them at all if none of them are pertinent for prereq requirements?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

i went to broward community college (BCC) to take bull**** non-science classes including some gen ed courses, for 3 semesters and got a cGPA of 2.58 (because i was not thinking correctly :/ )

I am currently attending Nova Southeastern University and have a cGPA of 3.28 with a science gpa of 3.2

I have improved overtime, especially in science courses, and have 2 semesters left of which i expect to get straight A's.

I want to know if AADSAS gpa calculation will also include the stupid gen ed classes from BCC and my NSU gpa to make a new (lower) cGPA??

This would suck since it messes up all of my current efforts to pull my gpa from 2.5 to 3.3...

Info:
Psychology/Biology major
Business minor
Only need AP 2 and Biochem to graduate :)

Yeah, you have to include all classes you've taken. If you don't, and get accepted with an application where you have left off classes, they will almost surely withdraw your offer of admission. The classes always count, so you really should aim for all As your last two semesters. Unfortunately, depending upon the impact it has on your gpa, those three poor semesters at the CC may require that you go and get a masters.

^^ thanks so much for the reply! Everybody says that it will all depend on my dat scores, volunteer/extracurriculars, and rec letters. Im also hoping my science gpa helps me out :)

And i have considered the masters in biomedical science at my current university as well, since the dean of dental says that admissions will forgive the undergrad gpa and if i get an A in all of my masters classes, then i can start dental school as a D2! He also said that the D1 year and the masters in biomedical science have the SAME classes, so it will be like starting dental school (class wise).