AADSAS GPA Calculations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashes2ashes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why does AADSAS include gpa calculations without the +/-? Do certain schools look at one over the other? I would have thought that most schools would just look at the gpa including +/-....

By the way for anyone who is wondering about the speed of verification at the moment. Transcripts were received 7/7 and GPA was verified today 7/13.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard some schools don't have +/- system, so it is unfair for some that could only get A when in % the grade could have translated as A+ in some other schools. To even out differences, some schools look at GPA w/o +/-. Some schools like Boston, Case, and Nova I think I've read on SDN to look at GPA w/o +/-. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

When did you submit your app on AADSAS?. They received my transcripts 7/6 but I didn't submit the application until 7/8. Do you think they'll verify my GPA soon or will it take longer since I just recently submitted my app.

When did you submit your app on AADSAS?. They received my transcripts 7/6 but I didn't submit the application until 7/8. Do you think they'll verify my GPA soon or will it take longer since I just recently submitted my app.

I submitted my AADSAS on 6/24 and I believe they begin the process when the application is complete (transcripts+payment). So they wouldn't have started the verification on your apps until the 8th. I'm sure you will hear any day now :)